Estimating County Ad Valorem Tax

Our mineral rights are leased and producing and we have been notified that our royalty checks will begin shortly.

We understand that Texas severance fees will be reduced from our checks but not the county Ad Valorem.

I found the well information showing the production numbers in April through July - about 11,000 barrels per month. (There aren't any figures for August or September---perhaps this is normal???).

I understand that there will be an assessment in January and a tax bill from Gonzales County in March, 2015. Is there anyone on this forum who can give me an estimate of that tax bill based our current numbers???

Thanks.

Do a search in the upper right corner, as there have been some really good threads explaining how counties calculate property taxes on minerals.

Thanks Wade but I really was looking for some actual examples of what people are paying such as:

1) I have a well that produced 50,000 barrels the first 6 months of operation and my county valued it a $3,000,000 and my county tax bill based on x % was $x,xxx.

2) I live in x county, but all Texas counties use the same percentage and method, and my taxes were $x,xxx based on a value of $x,xxx,xxx.