Establishment of oil ownership rights

Hello! My family owns some interests in Converse County, Wy and we’re having a very hard time making heads or tails of it all.

Back story: From what we can tell, we have applications to drill on 82 different wells. Some of those are vertical and some are horizontal and some are approved while others are pending. The first well we’ve been paid on is in production under Devon Energy. While researching, we discovered that there was some clean up required due to the inheritance of the interests. We had to file an affidavit of heirship and proof of death in order to clear up confusion on the ownership. After that was completed, Devon Energy was able to issue back payments on the current production.

Our original lease was transferred from Anschutz to Andarko. We would like to get our interests updated with Andarko but have had very little response from them. When we did get a response, they told us the will had to be fully probated. They gave us a generic email and phone number but we can’t get a response from either. Our family attorney is advising that we shouldn’t have to probate the will due to the executed affidavit.

From what we can tell, Anadarko is the producer on four very highly producing wells (which are listed as confidential) and we have yet to receive a cent from them.

My questions are: Does anyone have a helpful contact at Anadarko that can help us get through and get this cleaned up? Do we need to involve a third party to aid in this process? Can anyone help me understand how a vertical well pays versus a horizontal?

Any resources to help us figure this out it greatly appreciated!! Thank you!!

Hello,

Where are the mineral rights located in Converse? Occidental bought Andarko this past year so maybe try reaching out to them. Also, getting a Wyoming Oil and Gas Attorney who knows Wyoming law could be most beneficial to getting your royalty payment.

1 Like

I have interests in Converse county also. I had to probate too, before I could get the funds.

Hi There! Below are details on our interests in Converse. Thanks for the details on Occidental - we didn’t know that. We’re hoping to avoid an attorney but that might be the right course of action here.

TOWNSHIP 34 NORTH, RANGE- 69 WEST, 6TH PM TOWNSHIP 35 NORTH, RANGE 69 WEST, 6TH PM TOWNSHIP 36 NORTH, RANGE 68 WEST, 6TH P.M. TOWNSHIP 36 NORTH, RANGE 69 WEST, 6TH P.M.

Section 5: All Section 7: N1/2 NE1/4 Section 8: N1/2 NW1/4 Section 27: N1/2 S1/2; SE1/4 SE1/4 Section 28: N1/2 SE1/4 Section 34:NE1/4 NE1/4 Section 5: SW1/4 SW1/4 Section 6: S1/2 S1/2 Section 7: N1/2 NE1/4 Section 1: SE1/4 SE1/4

We’re trying to avoid the attorney but are starting to think that might be the best course of action. If you have a great attorney that helped you, we’d be grateful for the referral!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.