Escheated mineral rights under OK force pooling order

Old forced poo

1. List item

Old force pooling of my predecessor in interest shows money in suspense. As officer of that Corp., I can execute a mineral deed into myself, which would be proper. But how do I identify the particular land I have rights to so can insert in deed? Must I go to county grantor-grantee index in county?

Going to www.okcountyrecords.com would be the first place to start. If the county is not listed there, you may have to contact them directly. Digital records vary by how far they go back.

Still in pursuit of escheated funds, I know the relevant force pooling order numbers I need, (one is 620219) but not the date or the CD. When I go to the OCCeweb imaging site and try to fill in the blanks, I don’t get anywhere. Is this because I don’t know a possible period for a date? I tried to make a 50 year period up, but it didn’t help.

Type in the order on the OAP site in the Order # box. Nothing else. OAP

Hit search. It will pop up with the correct case and the date (201303339) Copy the case number up into the Case # box and erase the order number. hit search again. Now you can see everything that is filed for that case.

Usually, you can also go on MOEA MOEA Search and put in name of owner. Then it will show the pooling order. Hit the link on the pooling order and it will show the section, township and range of the land in question.

Thank you! So incredibly helpful as always. You rock!

If you are not in the “chain of title” a deed to yourself would probably not do the trick. If the amount held by unclaimed property is less than $10,000 you may be able to claim those funds with an affidavit according to the OK treasurer rules. If they exceed $10k a probate will be required. Also, oil companies will generally require a probate. These can be relatively painless without the need to travel to Oklahoma or appear in court.

Thank you so much. This sort of thing is very complex!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.