EOG Resources Tomcat 1621

Any recent News on EOG Resources Tomcat 1621 Spud date 11-06-18

Probably way too soon to have any data. It takes about four-five months to drill and complete. Division orders come out about five months after first sales. Production data isn’t usually posted until about four months after completion as the governmental bodies are behind in posting.

Thank you I had no Idea how long it would take to hit TD 20,000 ft. in McClain county.

On takes a few days to actually do the vertical part of the drilling, turn and make the horizontal. The extensive time frame is in the completion.

To Your knowledge is the Tomcat 1621 a Horizontal well? I cant find any drilling reports. I figured they must be “tight holing” the information.

Yes, it is horizontal. You can tell by the name. Tomcat 1621 1H. The “H” gives it away.
The surface location is in sec 9-9N-4W. You will find any public data on the OCC well record site. The normal data will be a permit (1000), spud (1000A), completion (1002A), Survey, and any change in operator, etc. They do not file drilling reports as only working interest owners get those. It will be pretty quiet on infor for about five months. Test

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing with me your keen insight one again.

Do you Happen to know the spacing requirements Horizontal Oil Wells in Oklahoma?

In general, they are 640 acres or a section, but each well will have a particular order (although it may be an old one.) Occasionally, there will be a 1280. And I have a few that are 320 or the 640 is split into half of one section and half of another.

So does that equal 2 wells Maximum per 640 section on Horizontal drilling ventures. For instance all of section 21 in McClain County OK

You would need to give the complete section, township and range as there are many section 21s in McClain, one in each township. Are you referring to 21-9N-4W or a different 21? For the first well to be drilled in a particular reservoir, the operator must have a spacing for that reservoir in that section or sections, permission for a horizontal well and if the location is anywhere but in the center of the section, then a location exception. If you are a mineral owner in that section and your correct address is filed in the county, then you will get copies of those filings in the mail. The operator will usually drill the first well to hold the section by production in that zone. Then if the economics are good, then can come back and drill multiple wells, usually line up like cigars in a box (if horizontal).

All Wells are permitted the by the Driller Operator in this case EOG Resources? The copy of the filing states All of section 21 Township 9 North Range 4 West of the IM McClain County OK.

An additional Filing States Sections 28 and 21 Township 9 north Range 4 West of the IM I appreciate your assistance.

Sorry I should have said expertise at this point so Thank you.

If you go to the OCC OAP website and look up the cases that have been mailed to you, you can look up the exhibits which are in color and a bit easier to read. OAP

NATIVE has 201810586 has a nice exhibit in the increased density case with a well planned on the far east side of 21 & 28. Surface location in 28 and going north into 21. When they line a well up that close to the lease boundary it usually indicates they are leaving room for more wells in the future. Indeed, the increased density is asking for seven more Woodford wells. Paragraph 2.3.

EOG has filed for Increased density to go with 16 & 21-9N-4W. They also want 7 more Woodford wells, but want the section to the North. The OCC will decide who gets which direction. Tomcat 1621#1H is actually drilled on the far west side of 16 & 21. The surface location was in 9 and went south into 16 & 21. You can find the info on the well in section 0909N04W in the OCC well records

1 Like

Good Morning Ms. Barnes, Happy Memorial Day Weekend. EOG Resources Tomcat 1621 Was completed on March 13, 2019. Is it fair to say no production should be expected until at least September 15, 2019. or Could there be an I.P. report published prior to that date.

When the results are posted, you will be able to find them on the Oklahoma Tax site. They will probably not post until four-five months after first sales. But the “active” date is fairly close to the first sales date. Gross Production

They will have production starting pretty soon after completion. You just won’t know about it for a while. The Division Orders come out about five months after the completion. Payment is required six months after first sales by statute. If they don’t pay on time, they owe you 12% interest if your title is clear, less if they have to “cure” it. If the first sales date misses the “monthly check cut date” of the company, the payment won’t be until the next month, so I cut them a bit of slack for a couple of weeks. For example, if they cut checks on the 15th of the month, but the well comes on line on the 15th, you will get a delay of a month because accounting probably didn’t know that the well was online.

https://otcportal.tax.ok.gov/gpx/gp_displayPublicPUNListSearchDownload.php

Good evening Ms. Barnes, Do you have an idea or guess what grade of crude oil is recovered in McClean County OK (Woodford Shale )Ed Gaylord’s Newspaper Published an I. P. on the well on 05/23/19 on their website. if You have an O.R.I. I was told we are carried to the tanks no expenses. Do you believe that to be true? Thank You.

I do not know the grade. If you have an ORRI, then my understanding is that you are supposed to be cost free and the override is taking from the working interest share.

Just curious as to what newspaper you are reading. The Gaylords sold OPUBCO to Anschutz (Denver) in 2011 as best I can recall.