Enfield Minerals

Has anyone here had any experience with Enfield? My brother and I both received letters from them in regards to buying our mineral rights. Any input would be appreciated. TIA.

Here’s a link to their website:

Enfield recorded an Anderson County mineral purchase on October 1, 2021, but nothing since then. That purchase involved 1,146.8 acres located in the Simon Sanchez Surveys, A-59 and A-60. These surveys are located west of Palestine and border the Trinity River.

There has been quite a bit of recent leasing in Freestone County on the other side of the Trinity. The following entities have done recent leases in that general area:

Comstock

Surprise Valley

EMCO Resources

Thorp Petroleum

HTR Louisiana

De La Tierra

Most, if not all, of that recent leasing is related to a deep gas play referred to as the Western Haynesville by Comstock. Comstock and Aethon have been drilling Western Haynesville wells in Robertson and Leon Counties.

Enfield has done 97 mineral acquisitions in Leon County since June, 2021 (plus two in Robertson), so I’m guessing that they believe this new play may eventually extend into Anderson County.

Where are your minerals located?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Mine are in Anderson County. I have 12-15 interests. The funny thing, when I received the letter regarding selling, it references Freestone County. I leased one a while back and they also called it Freestone.

If you can hang on to those minerals, I would. They are paying you only pennies on the dollar of what they are worth. I had a family member who illegally took over as trustee of our family minerals a few years ago, and they sold off some acreage in Leon County to Oak Tree Minerals. That company then immediately turned around and resold the minerals to 5 different parties and made a very tidy profit. We tried to buy them back and we’re only successful on one count. If a company you lease to doen’t drill within the 3-5 year period of the lease, you’ve gotten the bonus money, and the likelihood of a new lease (and bonus) or extension of the lease is quite likely if it’s a good tract. Or you could get a producing well and enjoy income for many, many years. So my advice is to gnore those bottom feeders who want to purchase your mineral rights!

1 Like

Thank you for your response and advice. I haven’t heard the offer yet, but I’m getting along in years. We’ll see what they come up with.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.