Empire MAT Facility

Does anyone have any info about a facility that is going to be built on the western end of Washington County, off of FM 2502, about a mile north of Wesley. They bought between 60-80 acres. Rumor mill is that it is similar to a facility being built off of Old Mill Creek Rd about 4-5 miles further north.

Michael

Couldn’t find any tracts with a name similar to Empire MAT in WC deed or tax records. Also checked Fayette and Austin County deeds since the area you described is near those boundaries. If something was recorded in the last couple of weeks it probably wouldn’t show on what I was looking at or the company may have bought land in another name.

Geosouthern finally filed a completion report on their Prenzler well. It’s the first information they’ve released on the three they drilled from that pad on the north side of Old Mill Creek Road near AMP’s plant site. They say it tested at 12,780 MCF/D but no condensate.

Dusty, Maybe it is part of the oilfield rumor mill. The logo on the sign doesn’t match any company that I could find on Google for a pipeline or gas processing company. I will keep digging. In regards to Prenzler, that’s a ton of gas. With no liquids does it make it a less desirable well? I am on the Washington/Austin County border and based on maps we are mostly dry gas! We are with EOG and they are still down south on the Fayetteville/Colorado Co. border.

I’m wondering if the name on that sign might be the construction company building it, or doing the site work. If the power people are gearing up that means something. I may try to go by there this weekend. Is the sign on 2502?

Several of their recent wells being mainly gas doesn’t seem to have slowed Geosouthern or Wildhorse down. There are probably graphs that compare the economics of wells that make varying amounts of condensate, NGL’s and gas versus dry gas wells, but a lot would depend on their relative decline rates. Those big 8-14 million a day gas wells should payout in 18 months or less even if they make no NGL’s, and the proximity to LNG export terminals puts them in a good position.

Still waiting for details on the Tonkawa well across the line in Colorado Co. I’m figuring there must be reasons EOG has kept it undercover so long but don’t think they can keep that up much longer.

Dusty, The signage is right on 2502, about 2 miles south of 389. It is down a road so you can’t see what is going up.

Looks like it may be the construction company. Look at the website for Empire Gas Services out of Victoria TX. gasempire.com - they design and build gas plants.

Now I am really confused, wish I would have taken a picture of it, but the logo was not the same. I will dig around more myself. What I did see also however in a different location might be of interest. Off of Salem Rd which runs east/west out of Brenham, south of FM 332. It is three big units with what looked like huge fans at the back end. It appears to be on line with the new row pipeline coming across 389 and 332.

Michael, just tried sending you a private message on here so we can talk about this off line.

May not have done it right so if you don’t get it please respond here and I’ll try again.