Ellis county lease

I am looking for assistance with some mineral rights I own in Ellis County. Township 19N, Range 2E NW 1/4, Section 34. It seems like there is activity in the area. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

What exactly do you want to know? Having a particular question helps us give a more useful answer. Ellis county does not have a 2E. It is on the western side of the state, so has numbers with ranges that are in the 20ā€™s and a W designation. Check your description again.

Perhaps this map can help you. Ellis County Map.pdf (466.9 KB)

1 Like

Sorry. Looks like it is 34-19N-23W. I see some information on this site leading me to believe there might be activity in in area. Trying to stay informed

Last lease was to Tapstone in 2018 for three years

There is a rig running in 18N-24W. You have an old P&A well in 34. Mewbourne has cases pending in section 32-19N-22W & 5-18N-23W for a horizontal well. So some activity in the area.

1 Like

Hi Martha,

Iā€™m going to tag on to this discussion. I just received a deep rights offer for $600 bonus for 1/5th in 20N-23W. Last time I leased this property I was able to get the bonus to $2300. With some activity going on, any ideas on how much negotiating room there might be? Thank you in advance for your help!

Welcome to the forum.

If you leased last time for many horizons, then you may have gotten a higher bonus offer. If there are less horizons this time, then the bonus may be lower. Also, the competition drives the offers. In general, they seem to be lower across OK this past year. Depends upon location. I always ask for their best offer and ask about 1/4th options.

Always wise to get an attorney to review any draft lease. I just leased in Ellis county last year and the draft lease offered was unacceptable. With a good attorney and an excellent lease, I was able to get a much better final answer.

1 Like

Looking for Cherokee Hz production updates in and around 18N/24W. Looks like activity in section 11? drilling north to 35-19N/24W. I have minerals in 24-19N/24W and have an offer to lease for $850, 3 yrs and 1/5th. Mewbourne has asked for spacing 1280 (sections 13-24). Any additional thoughts on how this play is working out economically? Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Mewbourne already has quite a few permits for Cherokee wells in 18N-24W. A rig is running on the border of 28/33 right now. I cannot comment on the economics. They must think it is going to work to permit this many wells.

Where can I see a list of the Mewbourne permits for Cherokee wells in 18N-24W?

This is one of the ways. Will list all Mewbourne wells. Not necessarily just Cherokee.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.