Ellis County 16-19N-25W

Family inherited mineral rights. Is there a well or are these leased?

Welcome to the forum.

There is a well in section 16 called the Tefertiller 16 1H. It has been online since August of 2010. The operator is Mewbourne Oil Company. Since the well is still in production, it would imply that your ancestor was leased or was force pooled. You can contact Mewbourne Oil and see what documentation they will need to get the royalties transferred from the previous owner to the heirs. P.O. BOX 7698 TYLER, TX 757117698. Contact the Division Order department or Revenue department.

There is also a new well that was just permitted called the Picke 16/21 DM 1H Also by Mewbourne. It just spud in January so probably pending royalties later this year. An alternate address for Mewbourne was on that permit. 3620 OLD BULLARD RD TYLER, TX 75701-8644

I just had someone call me about this section on Friday. I missed the phone call.

Mewbourne does not have our relative as an owner. We have learned the well is not operating.

Are there other companies that have had wells in this area?

Thank you.

If you are talking about the Terfertiller 16 #16H, it was online as recently as Feb 2022 according to the tax site. There was an old well by G E Operating called the Pratt 1-16. It stopped in 1993.

You might be able to do some research on www.okcountyrecords.com. Free to look. Type in your relative’s name or use the advanced search and try the section, township and range. You said you inherited, was the probate filed in Ellis county as well as the county of residence of the relative?

Yes ma’am. Both places. I’m super confused as to what I own. What is leased. And getting letters and calls to lease. I can’t sign leases when I don’t know what is leased already.

We recently learned that our grandmother owned mineral rights. Nothing has been transferred to us yet.

Thank you for this information and how to do more research.

If they are calling to lease, ask them how many net acres they are carrying for you and under what name. Ask the book and page of the last lease and under whose name. You do not have to lease, you can wait for pooling. The draft lease that is sent is not in the mineral owner favor so it would be a good idea to get an oil and gas attorney to take a look it it.

Keep a log of all calls-name, company, phone number, offer. That area is heating up, so you may get several calls. Make sure that your name and contact information are filed in Ellis county.

Okay. Thank you for your help. I got a letter yesterday about mewbourne having court hearing for horizontal drilling. Is that pooling?

No, the horizontal spacing is first, then the horizontal permission to drill, then the location exception and then the pooling.

Thank you for your help!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.