Electric Transformers?

I went by our property today and 2 large transformers have been installed on a pole on the NW side of our property. Does anyone know if this would just be a typical system update, or are these installed in certain areas for drilling purposes?


Nathan, The oil and gas companies are using electric submersible pumps on the horizontal wells. I read this OK CREC article a few weeks ago "Oil and gas spurs growth". http://www.crec.coop/Home/Oil-and-Gas/post/oil-and-gas-production-spurs-growth.aspx

Compressors also use a lot of power. It could be anything for the surface production equipment.

I guess when I saw them, I was just hoping that maybe it was an indication that they were going to put a well pad in that corner.