Elbert County, CO - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

I am using an incorrect word here. What I am referring to is the "sales and use" tax in Elbert County. All oil and gas operations are (until November I hope) exempt from that tax. I assumed $110 a barrel for the sale price (which is high). At that price based on our production and the tax rates for each well's specific production to date in 2013 (9790 gallons so far) the County can collect a whopping $3094.30 in severance taxes on it. So yes I used the wrong term for what I was trying to say, these calculations show that even though we DO collect it -- it is a pittance. The largest producing wells in Elbert are at 271 gallons in October -- for the year that would amount to just about 360 gallons for the year and the annual gross total would be about 1088 gallons. NONE of our producers are at a taxed rate higher than 3% because they don't produce enough and most are at 2% and produce under 100 barrels a year. The total production by year's end might garner $4126 in severance tax revenue for Elbert County.

The tax I had referred to was the personal property tax for severed mineral rights.

There is also county ad valorem taxes on royalties.

Debbie

Debbie - I did use the WRONG word. Colorado IS a severed state. Severance tax does happen -- just not much of it. I am sorry for the confusion.

John,

No problem, I wasn't very clear on what I was referring to either.

Now I'm not confused any more!!

Thanks all,

Don

I would like to lease my interests in Elbert Co.: S24, T85,R57W- approx. 10 ac. Any one know of activity in this area?

William Blackburn do you still have Elbert County Interest that are unleased?

Anybody had any transaction feedback or experience with Lotus Land and Mineral Can’t find much on the except it’s an LLC out of Greenwood Village

Greetings from new owner in Elbert Co. Anything happening here?