El Paso County lease offers and rates

Just checking if anyone what people in El Paso are getting as far as current lease offers, and what the Bonus/Term/Royalty on those offers are? And which brokerages/operators are making those offers?

$25 per acre and 14% royalty section east two miles from Banning Lewis Ranch

Our most recent offer was $50.00 per acre bonus and 12.5% royalty. The land is 8.85 miles SE of where Ultra is drilling a well they call Brutus.

Rene,

I think i can get you 14.0% but the lease bonus would be same of $50 like other guy.

A friend i know is about 8 miles SE of Brutus and he got 14% i can call him and get you some contact info if you want?

The scary thing about El Paso County is how strong they are fighting the Oil companies and not a single barell has been sold from those hand ful of completed wells.

But hopefully soon they can all settle on the rules and let it begin.

I'd be interested in talking to him or receiving information about who he dealt with. Feel free to give him my phone number. It is: (719) 596-1272.

Thanks,

Rene
Jason Haack said:

Rene,

I think i can get you 14.0% but the lease bonus would be same of $50 like other guy.

A friend i know is about 8 miles SE of Brutus and he got 14% i can call him and get you some contact info if you want?

The scary thing about El Paso County is how strong they are fighting the Oil companies and not a single barell has been sold from those hand ful of completed wells.

But hopefully soon they can all settle on the rules and let it begin.

I live on 36 acres east of the Colorado Springs airport and activity has been non-existent as of late. 18 months ago I was offered $500 per acre with a 3/16ths royalty, but they went away and I haven't heard from them again - or anyone else for that matter.

After about 2 months of neg. ;with an attorney sending my correspondence back and forth. I was able to get $28.00 per acre and 15% royalties. About $240.00 more cash; but who knows how much 1% of royalties would be worth? I was also to get concessions concerning restrictions on access and permanent buildings and fences needed to protect my Cattle and wetland watershed. So I would say it was worth the trouble to negotiate; however Who knows if these concessions will be honored or if they may impose a reluctance to drill making my lease less desirable to pursue.

That doesn't sound like a legitimate Company/offer? $25.00 per mineral acre is Standard offer around here. With 1/8 royalties. This sounds like a real smart way for someone to get a lease tied up with what appears to be a good payment up front and then they (could) really make out on the value of the royalties. You may want to contact another Land Company that is signing leases in this area? You may find out later that you have been pooled and will have to buy into your royalties at the time someone has drilled and is pumping your minerals for free.

Todd Brickel said:

I live on 36 acres east of the Colorado Springs airport and activity has been non-existent as of late. 18 months ago I was offered $500 per acre with a 3/16ths royalty, but they went away and I haven't heard from them again - or anyone else for that matter.

Curious if any activity of late in El Paso County. 2016 or 2017