Eddy County ORRI value

Hi everyone - I’m new on this site and very new to this world of mineral ownership. Our family has recently received 2% ORRI rights from a deceased family member to Township 19, Range 25 East, Sections 34, 33 on 200 acres.

From some research online I believe Spur has recently drilled a few wells here; Dorami 2h, 4H, 9H, 33 Fed, Wertheim 34 Fed.

Could someone with knowledge of this area please help to value the worth of this ORRI if sold.

If there are any more details please let me know and I can provide them.

Many thanks in advance. :clap:t2:

Hi Rob, welcome to the site and the world of Mineral and Royalty ownership! This forum is a helpful place to gain useful knowledge about M&R ownership.

This is a good area along the core of the NW Shelf of the Yeso Formation. I’m pretty familiar with this specific area as well as evaluating the value of Minerals and Royalties in both Eddy & Lea Counties.

Given that information you listed above it looks like you own 32 Net Royalty Acres. The calculation is: (2% ORRI) x (200 acres) x (8)

The only lease I see in sections 33 & 34, NMNM-15291, is 360 acres versus 200 acres however. That could potentially increase your NRA as high as 57.6 Net Royalty Acres total.

Given that info, there’s many different ways to determine the value of your Minerals and Royalties. However, just like any other purchase and sale, the final price comes down to a number you’re willing to sell for and a price an interested buyer is willing and comfortable to purchase this asset for. For this reason it’s tough for me to put an exact figure on it because everyone evaluates these assets differently.

Given the recent production and potential upside, it’s completely understandable you’ll want to ask for a premium for your asset. At the same time because of the current political climate on permitting BLM leases; and the slew of additional risks interested buyers now have to take into consideration when evaluating these Federal leases, there is reason for buyer trepidations.

If you have received a recent offer, that is always a good starting place as far a party expressing recent interest. You can always negotiate price then fall back on this forum for advice before you make any final decisions. While this asset is located on the NW Shelf of the Yeso, many buyers for these Federal ORRI’s in Eddy County have very particular Areas of Interest to the south in the core Delaware Basin (along the NM/TX state line). If someone has expended the time and resources to reach out, they’re at least expressing interest in this particular asset and are likely open for negotiations.

I hope some of this information is helpful. The forum is a great place to fall back on if you ever are looking for advice. If you ever have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reply!

Take care.

Rob,

Like CTaylor said, its a little difficult to tell exactly where you might own in Sec 33 and 34 based on your description. And it matters where it is.

Find out what the lease # is.

Like MrTaylor says, work on the basis of NRA, net royalty acres.

My first assumption is that someone offering interest in your acreage is offering said interest in the hopes of taking advantage of you. They might not be, but that’s where I would start. Not exactly earthshattering, but still. I’d kind of assume that they know new wells are coming online in Sec 34. Yep, its tough to put an exact value on what it’s worth. But a good portion of Sec 33 and 34 have a lot of the guesswork removed because Spur went and drilled some wells.

Here are some guesses on value per NRA based on where your acreage is in Sec 33 and 34.

N/2 of Sec 33. Two old Mewbourne wells. Likely not worth much. $1k/NRA.

S/2 of Sec 33: has 3 wells in it already (aforementioned Dorami wells). They are ok but not too great, worse than the typical Yeso well, which may be a function of being drilled E-W instead of N-S or maybe just on the Western edge. But I wouldn’t expect much more drilling there anytime soon, despite there being undrilled permits. Spur has WAY too much acreage across the Yeso trend to hold to come back and drill more wells here in other Yeso benches (upper Paddock/Blinebry) anytime soon. Those wells are making a combined 10,000 bopm. 10,000 x 50 x 1/320 x 1/8 = about $200/NRA per month. Times about 25 = $5k/NRA plus probably $2k/NRA for upside = $7k/NRA. They have already made around $4k/NRA since early 2020, which if that is in suspense, that should be considered.

W/2 of Sec 34: Has 4 new Spur Lakewood wells in it. Drilled, fracked, and started coming online in March 2021. Lets assume those are as good as the average Spur 1 mile Yeso well in this area. If so, than this acreage is worth about $15k/NRA. I mean they should cash flow twice that much in 15 years at $55/oil but there has to be some discounting back to present value, so I’d say $15k/NRA is a good price there. Do I think anyone would pay you that? Nope. But that is what 4 pretty good Yeso wells in a 320 acre unit are worth.

E/2 of Sec 34: Same as above. 4 other Lakewood wells drilled and coming online.

fwiw, I grew up a few miles north of there and own a tiny shred in Sec 34 and in Sec 27, so I have done some math on this for myself and I was bored today at lunch.

Cheers

Info below shows the 8 Lakewood wells drilled in Sec 34 (in the Lower Paddock/Upper Paddock) and then the average production profile and forecast for a 1 mile Spur well in this area.

CTaylorMLOG and NMOilBoy thanks a lot for the great insights. Reading your responses had led me to doing a lot more research on this site and the topic of mineral rights in general. I will do some digging and post any additional information I have here.

Hi @CtaylorMLOG @NMoilboy

Upon further checking with my family the leases are;

NMNM-15291 and NMNM-15291-A

Thanks

15291A expired. 15291 extends over 360 acres in Sec 33 and 34, as CTaylor said above. See map below.

Spur put 8 Lakewood wells in Sec 34 on production in May-Apr 2021. Call somebody at the land department at Spur and ask about Division orders, and see what the story is with your Dorami wells as those may be in suspense.

@RobG @NMoilboy Glad you were able to get some insight. I’ve had trouble getting through with their Land Dept. on the phone before. If you have any issues, maybe try getting into contact with a Landman or Division Order Analyst on LinkedIn. That’s at least where I’ve had my best luck.

If you have any more questions, don’t hesitate to reach out on here. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.