Eddy Co. Section 19, Township 20 South, Range 25 east

Out of the blue I received a letter from Mason Oaks Energy LLC offering to purchase my Land that I got from my Mom for a rather large sum of money. Anyone ever hear of them? I’m thinking it’s a scam but since I’ve been doing some checking there seems to be some activity in that area. Any thoughts? Its really hard to even find this area ion a map.

First offer almost always low, more will come or you can work it yourself. Never be in a hurry in the oil world !!! Have fun with it your in control because you have what everybody wants. GOOD LUCK.

2 Likes

I have not heard of this group. There are a lot of broker out there who are looking to be the first to make an offer so they can buy it cheap and then flip it to a larger mineral buyer. This appears to fall into that category. If you are considering selling, the best way to ensure you get the fair market value is to shop it to the top mineral buyers in your area. You can do some research online to find out who is buying in your area or hire a mineral broker. And Timmy is right, the first offer is always the lowest - take your time before signing anything!

1 Like