Eddy Co Sec 26 Townshp 23 S Range 28 E

Despite lots of research, haven’t been able to pin down the following and would appreciate input: How do I find if any drilling activity? Is there a way to predict paying production timeline? Is this property in the Delaware Basin/Wolfcamp? Where on earth can I find our land on a map/find the coordinates using legal descrip? Not lazy! Just cannot find. Many thanks in advance for your help.

http://ocdimage.emnrd.state.nm.us/imaging/WellFileCriteria.aspx

Here is a link to get information by API numbers for wells by Section, Township and Range in New Mexico Counties.

William T. LaRue, CPL

https://nm-emnrd.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=4d017f2306164de29fd2fb9f8f35ca75

This website will open to a interactive map, Click to zoom in…

Section 26, T23S, R28E, Eddy County, NM is Southeast of Carlsbad, just East of Loving, NM.

Keep clicking until you get to the Township-Range level , then find your Township and Range and continue to click to find your section.

Hope this helps…

William T LaRue, CPL

There are quite a few older wells throughout the section that have been abandoned/cancelled and what looks to be four active wells in the northern part of the section. All are operated by Chevron Midcontinental.

These are links to the active wells:

-Pardue Farms 26 #1- a gas well from 1978: OCD Permitting - Well Details

-Pardue Farms 26 #2- an oil well from 1978: OCD Permitting - Well Details

-Pardue Farms 26 #4- an oil well from 1991: OCD Permitting - Well Details

-Softtail AV 26 #002H-An oil well from 2012 (the only horizontal drill that traverses from a well site along the southern boundary of the section) OCD Permitting - Well Details

There are no recent permits within the section but quite a few in the surrounding sections including several Chevron as well as Mewbourne permits in the past couple years. Most all are directional drills so there is a possibility that some of the newer permits may cross into the section if/when they are drilled. With so much activity in that area there is definitely a possibility of new permits being filed in the section at some point.

Hope this helps!

Thanks so much for taking time to reply!

I appreciated the information in both of your messages and will now be able to do more research. Thank you!

I hit “Reply” too quickly. I meant to add I appreciate the information and am happy to have the links to follow up!

There are different ways to find that kind of information, the easiest using the OCD Mapping. Just look for the blue symbols for oil or gas that will show permits applied. Other folks here have replied with that information.

Currently Chevron is drilling sections 15-22 east half in T 23S R28E for the Wolfcamp A, they have already drilled the west half.

They have also submitted a pooling request for the east half of Sections 25 and 36 however it does not appear to be moving forward through the OCD process. In that pooling request they show an intention to drill the Bonespring 3 and the Wolfcamp A.

In the section to the north of Section 26 ( section 23 ) there are wells drilled in the west most 40 acre line that are successful Wolfcamp A and Bonespring wells. These are EL TORO GIGANTE 23 #211H, and EL TORO GIGANTE 23 #431H. Rockcliff drilled those wells in 2017 and did them as 1 mile HZ from north to south. They also drilled 2 wells to the north in that west 40 acre wide strip called EL TORO INVICTA 14 #221H and EL TORO INVICTA 14 #301H. In total the 4 wells have produced over 600,000 barrels of oil/ngls.

Chevron acquired most of the Rockcliff leases in sections 14 and 23 and commenced drilling sections 15 and 22 which they already had leases in. This is shown in the Chevron Analysts presentation as a Chevron Operated Development Area.

Matador, Mewbourne and Chevron are active in the area so someone may eventually drill it within the next few years with Chevron as the most likely developer/operator.

I was away from the forum for a few days and didn’t get a chance to read your helpful information until now. Thank you for this!

I’ve posted before re my family’s property and received great answers. We recently rec’d letters from Chevron with Application for an “overlapping spacing unit” and “pooling of all uncommitted interests” for certain horizontal wells that affect our oil and gas interests. We are currently under lease with a different company. What does an Application like this, if granted, mean to the value of our interests? Does pooling obligate Chevron to pay owners whose interests are pooled? And what does it mean that they want their drilling expenses paid? I’ve worked hard for years to educate myself but am in need of insight from those with more experience in the industry. Thank you for your time.

This is another one that I’ll take a lease on if your interest is unleased minerals or we’ll offer to purchase if it’s HBP leasehold.

The people you leased to will have an opportunity to participate as pooled working interest owners in the Chevron Tano wells in Secs 26/35. If they participate, then nothing really changes for you, you will get paid royalties by Chevron based on your royalty rate and how much acreage you had in the pooled unit when a well is drilled/produced. And your lessee will pay their share of the well costs.

IF, on the other hand, the folks you leased to do not participate in the well(s)…then you might have a problem. As neither of you will get paid anything until the well has paid out 3 times its costs. (one time plus 200% penalty). Which is gonna take a while.

If they don’t participate your lease should also expire at the end of the primary term. Which would mean that when the well does pay out, you will receive 100% of your share of the revenue rather than 25% or whatever your current royalty rate is. It’s dumb to lease somebody and then not participate in a well, so this is an unlikely scenario. But there are a whole lot of people in the oil business who don’t have any money right now to pay for their share of drilling a well, so you never know.

May want to contact who you leased with and see if they have gotten an AFE from Chevron and find out what they think the pooling means to them.

I’m looking at the AFEs: I think this one is pretty buttoned up, I was just curious who remains as I’m seeing like 2 open acres.