Ed Broome Inc V Linn Energy. Questions

Moderators- Please forgive me if this isn't in the correct forum.

I just received my claim form in the Ed Broome Inc V Linn Energy settlement. Does anyone know details about what was alleged? My proposed settlement isnt much, but I was surprised anyway. I'm just curious to see if there were any other people involved in the settlement.

Thanks!

Eric

Did they not send a letter setting forth the details ? If it involves a large number of acres you probably need a lawyer. If it's an acre or less in my opinion, just count yourself lucky to get anything because hiring a lawyer would be prohibitive. Odds are the lawyer/s in the action were the winners, no matter which side.

Ed Broome, on a class action, sued Linn Energy and XTO energy for alleged underpayment of royalties to thousands of landowners.

Last year Linn, et al had a 4.7MM judgment leveled against them.

Apparently, you are part of the class. You should have received court and/or attorney correspondence probably 2 years ago or so.

Thanks to both of you for the reply. I pulled my records and found the original correspondence that I had received. Linn must of really been striking it to people. Most of my monthly royalties I had received over the years had been 25 dollars or less. Now with the settlement, I'm about to be a thousandaire. lol

Buddy Cotten said:

Ed Broome, on a class action, sued Linn Energy and XTO energy for alleged underpayment of royalties to thousands of landowners.

Last year Linn, et al had a 4.7MM judgment leveled against them.

Apparently, you are part of the class. You should have received court and/or attorney correspondence probably 2 years ago or so.