Eastern Montana Drilling

Has anyone heard any forecasts in regards to the “new” drills in Eastern Montana. It appears that new drilling permits in this area have dropped over the past month and not much current activity is taking place. This area has been temp. spaced over the majority of acreage and numerous leases will be expiring later this year and next.

Sheridan Wildcat was approved for wells. This is the link I found the information on.http://bogc.dnrc.mt.gov/ActivityLetters/20110317.pdf

i was recently checking land records in Glendive. The clerks said they are seeing about 5 landsmen checking records everyday. I talked to one of those landsmen and he said the boom is about a 1 year away.

Ted:

Thanks for the information about Eastern Montana drilling. I believe that the Eastern Montana area will heat up within the next year and operators will begin additional drilling as leases are nearing expiration dates and the terms of new leases will much more expensive cost wise in all areas. This will be an interesting area to watch.

Ted Mehr said:

i was recently checking land records in Glendive. The clerks said they are seeing about 5 landsmen checking records everyday. I talked to one of those landsmen and he said the boom is about a 1 year away.

http://pr-usa.net/indelx.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=678344&Itemid=29 This is the link to the full article....interesting read!

1. UnionTown Energy has reached an agreement on the material terms of a definitive agreement to acquire the "New Miami" oil and gas property and issued a non-refundable advance payment of $300,000 towards the purchase price. Closing is slated to occur by the middle of April 2011. New Miami is located on the Madison Formation in northern Montana. Two previously drilled wells have already determined the property sits atop a shallow oil accumulation. The Company has reviewed reports from the previous drilling that estimate the property contains 2.4 million recoverable barrels of oil.

2. UnionTown Energy has finalized the closing documents for its acquisition of the previously announced Musselshell Property. The closing is pending the filing of the required disclosure documents to meet regulatory requirements. Uniontown now expects the transaction to close during the coming week. The Musselshell property is located on the Heath and Amsden Formations in central Montana. The Company believes that the western half of the property, which lies atop the Heath, has the potential to support 17 horizontal drill sites with 2,000 foot horizontal legs. Seismic data on the eastern half of the property, which covers the Amsden Formation, also shows exploration potential. A new geological report, previously announced on March 22, 2011 has nearly tripled the Company's previous estimate of the recoverable oil reserve at Musselshell to 10.4 million barrels.

Deann:

Interesting read! It states that this Madison Formation is located in Northern Montana. Is there a map available that shows the exact area this covers?

Deann Overland said:

http://pr-usa.net/indelx.php?option=com_content&task=view&i... This is the link to the full article....interesting read!

1. UnionTown Energy has reached an agreement on the material terms of a definitive agreement to acquire the "New Miami" oil and gas property and issued a non-refundable advance payment of $300,000 towards the purchase price. Closing is slated to occur by the middle of April 2011. New Miami is located on the Madison Formation in northern Montana. Two previously drilled wells have already determined the property sits atop a shallow oil accumulation. The Company has reviewed reports from the previous drilling that estimate the property contains 2.4 million recoverable barrels of oil.

2. UnionTown Energy has finalized the closing documents for its acquisition of the previously announced Musselshell Property. The closing is pending the filing of the required disclosure documents to meet regulatory requirements. Uniontown now expects the transaction to close during the coming week. The Musselshell property is located on the Heath and Amsden Formations in central Montana. The Company believes that the western half of the property, which lies atop the Heath, has the potential to support 17 horizontal drill sites with 2,000 foot horizontal legs. Seismic data on the eastern half of the property, which covers the Amsden Formation, also shows exploration potential. A new geological report, previously announced on March 22, 2011 has nearly tripled the Company's previous estimate of the recoverable oil reserve at Musselshell to 10.4 million barrels.

It could possible be the northwest portion of Montana.....still checking.

Deann:

I have heard of this formation but never did any research as to where it is located. Since our minerals are located in the Bakken/Three Forks play, I never have studied other formations in that area.

Deann Overland said:

It could possible be the northwest portion of Montana.....still checking.

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Nextraction-Energy-Updates-Plan-to-Develop-Viking-and-Bakken-Oil-Properties-TSX-VENTURE-NE-1429615.htm

This was a news release today. Is this project in Daniels County?

Deann:

In researching your question, it appears that this 3D seismic survey will be conducted in the Daniels County area and will ID locations of the Ratcliff, Madison, Mission Canyon and McGowan formations. It also mentioned the Bakken but I have my doubts about that. It sounds like this operator is seeking to drill wells which can be completed within a short time. This will interesting to watch what happens in this venture .

Deann Overland said:

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Nextraction-Energy-Updates-...

This was a news release today. Is this project in Daniels County?

My brother called me last night and said he read in the helena newspaper about several wells that are being permitted in Rosebud, Dawson, Sydney area???, and Garfield counties. One well is just one section away from my families mineral rights. . Dang it. Here is hoping they find an gusher on that other section.

Seems like the smaller oil companies are moving into Montana as North Dakota must now be a hard place to find land to drill on.

Ted:

Most likely these wells being permitted as "wildcat" whereas they will be testing these areas for production figures. Some of the permits will be allowed to expire if the production figures are not profitable vs drilling cost. As I have said in other posts, Montana is virtually an unexplored territory as the majority of the activity has been focused on ND. Both States will be seeing "top leasing" activity later this year and next as these 2008 leases near expiration dates. I'm hoping Montana proves to be extremely profitable as this is where the majority of our minerals are located. Good luck on your end!!

Ted Mehr said:

My brother called me last night and said he read in the helena newspaper about several wells that are being permitted in Rosebud, Dawson, Sydney area???, and Garfield counties. One well is just one section away from my families mineral rights. . Dang it. Here is hoping they find an gusher on that other section.

Seems like the smaller oil companies are moving into Montana as North Dakota must now be a hard place to find land to drill on.

Mr. Mehr:

Thought I would see if you have heard any additional info. about the 2012 drilling acitvity forecsts for the Eastern Montana area. I talked to the Montana O&G Office recently and they were optimistic that the rigs will be coming to that area in the near future. I believe that we will see an increase in activity soon due to expiring leases.

Can anyone tell me what the going rate is for mineral leases on the Heath formation north of Roundup, Mt. Our lease is renewable in a couple weeks.

Thank you.

Deann Overland said:

http://pr-usa.net/indelx.php?option=com_content&task=view&i... This is the link to the full article....interesting read!

Bennie:

Please submit a Township/Range/Section for the location you are referring to.