Easement compensation in Ward County

I’ve got some people wanting to run lines across our property at rate of $64 per rod for water and $20 per rod for electrical. Anyone have any idea how good a price that is? Thanks much. – bt

The key is negotiation.

Those are very modest offers. Many people here refer you to the University School Land Schedule. That is the minimum the State will accept. The right of way agent will make it sound like you are getting a fair market value by offering the printed rate on the Schedule.

You should negotiate multiples of those amounts.

Something that makes a big difference is: does the water line begin and end on your property? Likewise for the electrical line. Is the electrical line above ground?

Is the property included in an unit and does the requested easements service the unit lands?

Best,

Buddy Cotten

Thanks much for the guidance, Buddy.

Hi bill, I have ben advised not less then five hundred per rod depending on the size of the pipe, and what the pipe is transporting,

good luck.[quote="Bill_Colbert, post:1, topic:51413, full:true"]

I’ve got some people wanting to run lines across our property at rate of $64 per rod for water and $20 per rod for electrical. Anyone have any idea how good a price that is? Thanks much. – bt [/quote]

Hi Flowers- Was that $500 per rod for a 10yr lease or permanent ROW? - Thanks