Eagle Ford Shale - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

COPProductionDecline.2014.ppt

To those interested, production from my well is following (almost exactly) the curve "original design" in the attachment.

Hope this helps anyone that follows this discussion. It looks to be a great planning tool.

Thanks Robert!

I am a Forum (and complete O&G) newbie because I discovered only recently that long-deceased father left me 50-pc stand-alone mineral rights (no surface rights or ownership) on 100 acres in NW Walker County. It was the approach of a landman in Feb. that alerted me to this, though his interest panned out (probably because his client opted for other tract of land, but what do I know?). I've since secured the certified rights.

If anyone could shed light here, I have Just two (probably breathtakingly naive) questions:

1) Do mineral rights alone matter if the surface owner doesn't go along with drilling on his property? Can the two parties work independently of one another or do they have to move in tandem vis-a-vis the O&G companies?

2) How does one effectively advertise/make known one's available mineral rights for leasing/exploration?

Many thanks in advance to whomever can lighten my ignorance here.

Own mineral rights on 51.72 acres of land part of the W.S. Martin Survey, A-35 Brazos County, TX. Would like to know if there is any activity of any kind or if there will be in the future.

Production%20Brazos%20A35.pdf

Production%20Brazos%20A35%20Map.pdf

Re: Survey A-35 in Brazos County

Did a quick search - very active area for recent Eagle Ford drilling by Halcon. Making over 20,000 BO per month for the survey.

Attached is map showing wells and then list of producing wells for this survey. Numbers on map match the last 5 numbers in the API designation.

With respect to A-35 Survey in Brazos County, I wonder if you minerals are already in a production unit but you are not yet leased.

Some proven and active production here should dictate a good price / bonus for your acreage plus a good royalty (e.g. 25%)

Yes, Brazos is very active on leasing.

Does anyone know of any drilling activity in the A-120, A-235, A-245, Abstract 206, the R. Ferguson Survey, the D. Wickson Survey, Pendelton Rector Survey in Brazos County, thanks!

Apache has drilled and completed an Eagle Ford horizontal in A-235. Completion data included below. Produced over 22,700 BO & 45 MMCF gas in March (initial production month / probably partial month of production).

Laredo is also drilling EF horizontals near the Texas Speedway.

You can use the Tx RRC GIS mapping site (in the link below) to find any survey and then check out industry activity.

Apache%20Brazos%20Co%20A235%20EF%20completion.pdf

http://www.rrc.state.tx.us/data/online/index.php#

Rockman, wow, thanks! I have some acreage in the 235, hard to know if the drilling unit is on my acreage, I have not received division orders. Any advise on how to find out.

Permit.pdf

Above is permit and plat for this well (670 acres in unit)

Use the Tx RRC GIS map site to find the Apache well in A-235. This will allow you to look at permit and related info on this well includiing all paperwork pertaining to permit (P-12, etc.)

Well is the Apache McCullough Wineman EF 1H. API is 42-041-32218.

Are you leased to Apache? If so, Division orders take several months to be sent out after production commences.

I am having trouble with the GIS viewer accepting the well number. I will keep trying. The lease was through Bow property, they were acting on behalf of Apache as best I could tell at the time.

You can go to the permit or completion section and use the API number to find the well too. Different filings in each area.

Thanks Rockman!

How is a drilling unit shaped, does it just run the distance of the horizontal well? thanks

I included the permit for this well in earlier reply - it includes the plat. Runs NW to SE basically along the length of the horizontal (with appropriate footages on either end for unit stand off distances). Wide enough to fit several parallel horizontal wellbores in this same unit (which is typical plan when these units are set up).

Ok!

Does anyone know how to get EOG to return a phone call or an email? I can't seem to get anybody's attention.

Hi Alinda, I called EOG last Monday 22 and a nice lady returned my call on Friday 5th. I was working missed it and saw the voice mail Saturday. go to the EOG website you will find the number to call you need to leave some kind of information to identify the area and who you are. I think they research before they call each person so you are both on the same page when they call. I will try again. I have a name and will post it here.

I signed in 2013 an wished I would have waited.