Dynamic Royalties

I received a letter from this company "pursuing the acquisition of mineral interests in Stephens County, OK. Is it valid?

Welcome to the forum.

It may be valid, but it doesn’t mean you should sell. When I get an offer, I try to find out what the buyer wants and what they know that I do not know. In my experience, the first offers are usually low just to see if someone will bite. Most offers are ahead of the drillbit and they plan to make a profit off of my minerals. I would rather have that profit. If you post the section, township and range in the Stephens county area, someone can tell you if there is activity pending or nearby.

I am new to this, began reams of paper concerning cases in 2021. 4 “listings” began appearing in the name of someone my mother received an inheritance from, then in 2023 the names were changed to my mother (2) and the other 2 parties that also inherited funds. I have no idea how they were changed, and if I should proceed with an Oklahoma attorney to try and decipher. Are they even worth anything? They are sections 14, 15, 11 and 23 listed in Township 1 South, Range 4 West in Stephens County. Thank you for your reponse.

Yes, you should figure this out as there are horizontal wells under an old shallow field and potential significant royalties-now and in the future with more infill on the deeper wells.

It can be overwhelming. Put the cases in numeric order and then in date order by case. Read them! At the back of several of them will be the exhibits that show where those deeper wells were planned to be.

If you inherited from your mother, then you need to get the probate work done to get into the new heir(s) name(s). It would be advisable to get an attorney involved. You need to get everything filed with the recorder of deeds in the Stephens county courthouse. Your mother or her heirs may have pending royalties held for them.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Is it politically correct to ask for the name of an attorney in Stephens County who has already be vetted as knowledgeable and fair pricing?

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.