Duval County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Oil & gas discussion group for those interested in Duval County, TX. Share your experience regarding lease bonus, royalty rates, drilling activity, and oil & gas news.

Hi,

I just joined this forum and this group today. I live in Germany but am originally from Corpus Christi, Texas. My father grew up on the Rossi farm just south of Benavides, Texas. They produced much oil (3 wells) on this property back in the 1930's & 1940's. Now that my dad and his siblings are all deceased, my cousins and I have been working with several oil/gas landmen and producers on new mineral leases.

I joined this form, because I'm hearing of an unusual excuse by the latest company out of Corpus about all of a sudden not having an open lease for them to start their already paid seismic option. I'm looking for a title insurance company that specializes in researching for any prior-existing leases on our property that for some reason may never have expired!!! My cousin James lives on his ranch adjacent to our Rossi land tracts and had passed this latest info to me. I own the major (3/8ths) royalties on our approx. 450 acres leased out to this new company out of Corpus. Thanks for any suggestions or referrals.

The following is a sponsored (paid) promotional notice:

If you own minerals in Texas or New Mexico, consider attending the NARO – Texas convention in San Antonio July 18-20, 2018. They have a great agenda, good speakers, and the cost is reasonable. This year also includes a special session for New Mexico mineral owners. The current agenda draft is attached, and a link to their signup and information page is http://www.naro-us.org/event-2824234

Attachment: 2018-04-30%20-%20NARO-TX%20Convention%20Agenda%20%28Hyatt%29%20invite.pdf