Duplicate Mineral Rights Certificate

Shortly before my Dad died of cancer, he told me about mineral rights that the family owned for a property that my grandfather had in or near Childress, Texas. He told me where the certificate was. When I went to look for it, there was no certificate. My Mom was a bit forgetful in her old age and I fear she may have accidentally thrown it away when she moved and was cleaning out everything.

My question is: Is it possible to get a replacement certificate and if so, how do I go about this?

Dear Mr. Couch,

I have never heard the term, "Mineral Rights Certificate".

Perhaps he was talking about a document that created the mineral rights under your grandfather's land. If you go to, or have someone go to, the courthouse in Childress and run you grandfather's name direct and reverse, you will likely find the document creating the mineral rights.

Thank-you Buddy. I will try that.