Drilling?

Has any drilling started in Terry County yet? Our land is west of Brownfield on 380/82.

About 6 weeks ago, a Midland company reentered and drilled deeper an old well east/northeast of Rich Lake (about mid-way between Brownfield/Meadow) east of the highway. Reports I've gotten was discovery of three good shale zones; however, the well was capped primarily because of the inability of the drilling rig to do horizontal drilling. Further information is that most of the rigs capable of drilling horizontal are busy in the Permian Basin - so it might be awhile. Another bit of info is that a discovery well was drilled in the Gomez area (west of Brownfield) and plans underway for completion. That's all I know.

i am not sure i just signed a lease 12/2010 with Shaw Industries out of midland will not retrun calls. if you

know Brownfield my acreage is north of gomez acroos road from the Proctors land and land is now owned by

Marchbanks. heard they were drilling south south west of where my acreage starts not sure of mileage. I reside

in Garland texas was originally from Brownfield James Tankersley

James R Tankersley said:

i am not sure i just signed a lease 12/2010 with Shaw Industries out of midland will not retrun calls. if you

know Brownfield my acreage is north of gomez acroos road from the Proctors land and land is now owned by

Marchbanks. heard they were drilling south south west of where my acreage starts not sure of mileage. I reside

in Garland texas was originally from Brownfield James Tankersley

drilling has started in terry 37 permits since 01/01/2011 new and reentry. the most being from wellman 10 miles west hy213north and south of. there is five drilling rigs running today that I saw when I was stealing water mellons and plackeye peas thursday and friday in terry county one rig on the old watermellon patch that I ran from buck shot as a kid. there was a location of pit in progress 6 miles west 4 north of gomez there is permited locatation 4 miles north of gomez on 303 curve this is 4 miles of 380/82. the permit info from rr comission maps the rig sittings while Iwas running with a watermellon under both arms. never stolen watermellons in day light before. seagraves there are as many box cars as 11 per week of frack sand being undloaded and then put on trucks all the fracking sites in area I counted 25 drilling rigs about 40 work over rigs running from locko hill plains to artesa nm and as many as 18 frack tanks on some locatations if we are not in a oil boom what is it.send money and I will go steal pumpkins in November

e dubose said:

drilling has started in terry 37 permits since 01/01/2011 new and reentry. the most being from wellman 10 miles west hy213north and south of. there is five drilling rigs running today that I saw when I was stealing water mellons and plackeye peas thursday and friday in terry county one rig on the old watermellon patch that I ran from buck shot as a kid. there was a location of pit in progress 6 miles west 4 north of gomez there is permited locatation 4 miles north of gomez on 303 curve this is 4 miles of 380/82. the permit info from rr comission maps the rig sittings while Iwas running with a watermellon under both arms. never stolen watermellons in day light before. seagraves there are as many box cars as 11 per week of frack sand being undloaded and then put on trucks all the fracking sites in area I counted 25 drilling rigs about 40 work over rigs running from locko hill plains to artesa nm and as many as 18 frack tanks on some locatations if we are not in a oil boom what is it.send money and I will go steal pumpkins in November

e dubose, Any info or activity on the permitted location on the 303 curve would be greatly appreciated . We own property nearby but live in Ohio , Thanks

I know of three wells drilled and completed in the Gomez area. Don't know the results other than was told that tank batteries have been built - indicative of producing wells.

We just received an offer from Threshold Land Services. They offered $400 per acre for a 3 year lease with a 2 yr extension and 1/5 royalty. They said that they planned to start drilling on a location in Terry County on Jan 9. We told them we would think about the offer. It looks like $500 an acre with a 25% royalty is what most people are wanting for their leases now.

I have also heard of some producing wells...just how much production, I don't know.

To Nancy..I would agree that $500 and 1/4 royalty is the minimum you should accept.

Under par said:

I have also heard of some producing wells...just how much production, I don't know.

To Nancy..I would agree that $500 and 1/4 royalty is the minimum you should accept.

Roger Dodger said:

Under par said:

Thanks, guess we will hold on; looks like most of the drilling has been the south part of Terry. I think we are more central.

Nancy, were you able to negotiate a better lease? Did the landman give you any idea on production figures in the area?

We never returned the landman's call. I had told another landman about 6 months ago that his offer of $250 per acre was too low and we expected something about $500 an acre. He agreed that his offer was too low but that was all he could offer at that time. I have never been told what production figures for the area would be. It would certainly be interesting to know.