Drilling status in Sec 8 9N 4W and Sec 17 9N 4W McClain CO

Does anyone know if drilling has started in either of these locations? If so, what is the status? Thanks. Larry Smith

we were there 2 weeks ago in Sec 8 and no drilling has started. They have a cleared area though right next to the highway.

Hello, new user here sorry if this is the wrong post for my question. Seen a ton of great info on this site. But nothing specifically on the location I have a question about maybe you can help or point me in the right direction. Recently got a letter offering to buy some minerals in the family in section 6- 7n-4w in McClain county. Haymaker minerals and royalty’s offering 8500$ an acre at 3/16. Not sure how many acres are owned and haven’t seen any info on that section here, but know there’s definitely a lot going on all around. Any help would be appreciated

Newfield just drilled a well in that section. 6-7n-4w Spud in section 18 and drilled north, Brooks 1H-6X. You should be getting paid on it now. Increased density cases have been filed in several of the sections, so that is why you are getting the supposed offer. Haymaker sends out letters all the time. First offers are usually low and the letters are often a bait and switch.

If you haven’t gotten your Division Order and your first check, come back. That is a whole issue to get solved.

Thanks so much for the response. The letter actually came to my grandma, because of supposed minerals her brother had owned. Now that wouldn’t be a total shock since he was quite active in the business in his lifetime but we weren’t aware of these if so. And not sure about getting paid or a division order she’s close to 90 years old and I don’t have all the info and am just trying to get all the info I can so I can help her and whoever in my family maybe more involved with this than me. I’ll see what I can find out and get back with you.

You should contact Newfield, not Haymaker. If you need the contact info, I can give it to you. You need to contact the Division Order analyst that handles that area and get your grandmother into pay status. They may be looking for her. If she inherited, they should have her name, but if the brother died without a will, some work needs to be done. Get the title straight and the well checks coming in before considering selling.

Thanks again for your help. Yes if you have that contact info for newfield that would be great.

1 Like

Ran into a whole other barrel of questions on another property. In section6-8n-3w. Eog has sent us some stuff and I found the deed at the courthouse but was told that we may no longer own the rights if nothing has ever been paid on it. My uncle had 1/32 of 8/8ths assignment of overriding royalty on 205 acres in this section. The document states Hester is now the owner of the royalty and he assigned this to my uncle. Just confused if it’s nothing because of leases expiring or like it says in the document this is binding upon all subsequent actions. Hester is the owner of 3 leases from Golden trend oil company, then assigned part to my uncle. Very confusing sorry if this doesn’t make sense didn’t want to put to much info on here. But any help would be amazing.

Doesn’t appear to be any production in that section.

It looks like there was 2 wells int hat section the Rice #1 which was a dry hole and was plugged in 1974, the other well was the Jackson#1 which was drilled in 1958 and plugged in March 1959

Therefore it would come down to when the lease from which your ORRI originated was created and whether that lease is still valid. If the assignment was for an ORRI, it should be valid as long as the underlying lease was valid.

If I’m misreading your post and its not an ORRI, but some form of royalty carve out from the mineral estate, then you would need to look to see if it was a term assignment (usually for XX years or so long as there is production)

I’m not an attorney, but as someone that buys minerals, royalties, etc. I read that document as an override tied directly to the leases mentioned. There are multiple references to the leases, and the language would indicate that the royalty is only covered by those leases. If the leases expire, the royalty may have expired with them. I think you could send it to an attorney to confirm that is an accurate assessment relatively quickly.

To read the instrument as conveying a royalty interest, it would in effect be saying “as the owner of an overriding royalty in certain leases, assignor conveys a royalty interest.” That would be like saying “as the owner of an apartment lease, I am conveying the apartment complex.”

Well then I guess you interpret it differently Frank…As an attorney you seem to be well versed in interpreting these contracts, please shared how you would read the document she shared.

??? No, there is nothing to “interpret” in the instrument she posted.

Thanks for the responses, so it leads me to this question Frank. When EOG drills wells within these sections do we have a 1/32 interest or no? And what does it mean with the wording about it being a lien and it speaks of all renewals modifications or encumbrances thereof, also there are several producing wells within the sections mentioned in the instrument. Specifically the rice number 1 and the foster 1 which I think were drilled before this instrument was created, the way I interpret it is we are entitled to 1/32 if everything produced anytime after this. Plus ar Hester the assignor, her husband was an oil and gas attorney and ou professor, and my uncle Doyle and he had a fiduciary relationship for sure. From my research I’m thinking this is binding, and what if the mention of the 200 acres more or less and we have another document saying the same thing but with 350 acres in section 32 above 6. Thoughts?