Drilling or not?

I was told that we would be getting wells drilled in July but we haven’t heard anything as yet. We have mineral rights in T146N,R98W, 5th pm, Sec 4, Lots 1&2. Have anyone heard of any activity in that area?? Any information would help.

What state & city?

Watford City, ND the middle Bakken Oil Field

Karen Cash said:

What state & city?

Ok, I am in South Tex. EagleFord. Good luck!!!!

Mary K. LaPointe said:

Watford City, ND the middle Bakken Oil Field

Karen Cash said:

What state & city?

Who made the promise? There could be many reasons! The rig they planned on using may be held up on another project, or they may have changed their plans! Or maybe they just plain lied!?

Mr. Starkweather nailed it. If it were a landman telling you when they would drill, you realize that they have absolutely nothing to do with that end of the business? Landmen have a habit of telling lessors that we are going to drill "real sooooon now" if they think it will just get the lessor to sign so the landman can go on about their business. Don't take it personal.

Ok, so this is what happened and why I am concerned. Earlier this summer I spoke with the landman we had dealt with when contracting our mineral rights. He said that they would be drilling in July, then in August he said that they were still waiting. I again spoke to the landman early this week, he said he would get back to me Monday. I had recently spoke with a friend who said that I should probably go see what is going on, and that they weren’t to be trusted because they will try to swindle us. I finally got ahold of someone in the home office, this landman was no longer employed there. I did finally speak with a landman who said that there were permits for drilling but no wells at present. So Ed Arildson mentioned that he saw on the NDIC O&G server that we had a well but no spud in date. My computer is down, I just subscribed to the server site, so I am unable to access any info myself. I’m wondering if I should make a trip to ND, call my attorney or what. I know I’m not as knowledgable as most of you, but any ideas or suggestions would be helpful. Mary L.