Drilling on my mineral rights

So… in late August 3021, I discovered a couple of energy companies drilling on my mineral rights without my knowledge. So, I talked to the energy companies and worked everything out. But there was another individual drilling there without my knowledge also. 6 wells! Anyway, I couldnt find that he has any affiliation with any energy companies. It seems like it’s just an individual. So, I’ve tried both numbers that I found online, but neither work. I’m hoping that maybe someone out there has an email address or business number for this individual. Hopefully I can reach him soon.

If you share the section, township and range someone may be able to give you an address. Is your contact address correctly filed (with a description of your acreage) in the county courthouse? They cannot pay you if they cannot find you.

An individual probably would not have the funding to drill six wells, but maybe some can. Or, it may be an individual’s name but actually a company. In order to drill, the operator must have permission from the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, so there is quite a bit of documentation. If you were not leased, then you may have been pooled and they may have funds held for you.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.