Drilling in YOAKUM Co

Please bare with me, being new to the Mineral Rights Ownership and not as sharp as I use to be. My Mother left my brother and I mineral rights in YOAKUM. I’m trying to figure out how to find out if there are any wells on the different locations in YOAKUM.I would appreciate any help that anyone can offer. Descriptions Survey: PSL, Section: 9, Block Q, Acres:5120 Survey: PSL, Sec: 15, Block:Z, Acr. 640 Survey: JHG, Sec: 443, Blk. D, Acr.: 354 Survey: GIB, Sec: 507, Blk.: D, Acr.: 381

Also, how can I find out what the percentage is that I own on these parcels? I would really appreciate the help. Lost in the woods! Thank y’all!!

Yoakum CountySection 9/Block Q/A-1063/PSL…This narrow strip of land is Section 9…I see no production for several miles in either direction and no activity.

I find no Section 15/Block Z but I do find a Section 15/Block D/A-469 & A-830/JHG Survey(JH Gibson)

Yoakum County Section 443/Block D/A-354/JH Gibson Survey

Yoakum County Section 507/Block D/A-381/JH Gibson Survey

CLICK ON MAP TO ENLARGE

Below are parts of the current Railroad Commission map with three of the sections you described outlined in red.

The first map shows PSL, Blk Q, Section 9 which appears to be a small strip containing a total of about 11 acres that is just inside the boundary between Yoakum and Cochran County. It is identified as Abstract 1063.

The second map shows the J.H. Gibson Survey, Blk D, Sections 443 and 507. You referred to those sections as being in the JHG and the GIB but I’m think that probably mean they both are part of the J.H. Gibson Survey.

Those maps don’t show any producing wells in those three sections but there has been a lot of previous activity in the area near Sections 443 and 507.

Check your description agaom on the other interest you mentioned because the map doesn’t show any Block Z in Yoakum County, in the PSL Survey or otherwise.

On your question about how to find out the percentage mineral interest you own in those sections, did your mother leave those interests to you and your brother in her will? If you don’t have a deed or any information regarding how your mother obtained the interest she left you it will require researching her chain of tile in the Yoakum County deed records. You may need the services of a landman to pin it down but as a starting point here is a link to a site where you can try searching the deed records yourself on line https://yoakumcountytx-selfservice.tylerhost.net/web/user/disclaimer

Thank you so much for the detailed information. That’s about my luck! Thanks again, really a lot of help.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.