Drilling in smiley

i want to know whats going on in smiley, which is in gonzales county. oil people have been in our property and there are pink ribbons around the poles. does anyone have any info?

Sylvia:

If you own both the surface and minerals, are you currently leased and if so, to whom. I would contact the oil company directly or find out whom these individuals are working for and attempt to learn the purpose of these markers. If you are the surface owner, you should be contacted if a well is planned as the company would most likely enter into some type of surface contract with you. The same scenario would apply if a pipeline is planned on your property.

GVEC, the electric co-op, is upgrading many of the electric lines around Smiley to make them 3 phase. If the ribbons you see are on the power line poles, that is most likely what they are about.

charles we are leased with forrest oil corp. these ribbons are not on the power lines poles, they are on the fence pole.

charles s mallory said:

Sylvia:

If you own both the surface and minerals, are you currently leased and if so, to whom. I would contact the oil company directly or find out whom these individuals are working for and attempt to learn the purpose of these markers. If you are the surface owner, you should be contacted if a well is planned as the company would most likely enter into some type of surface contract with you. The same scenario would apply if a pipeline is planned on your property.

Sylvia:

My advice would be to first contact this oil company in regards to any scheduled activity for your area. Again, if you also have surface rights, most likely you will be contacted prior to any preparations as surface damages, etc. is usually addressed with the surface owner. Are you sure that the people who placed these markers were from the oil company? If so, then Forrest Oil Corp. should be able to answer your questions.

We just started getting our royalties payments. We asked the person who does our income tax how much we would be paying on taxes for those payment. He said we would be paying about one third of what we get paid. That sound like a lot. Is that about right?