Drilling in Green District, Wetzel County

My family has received an offer to purchase a 1/20 NPRI in 61 acres in the Green District in Wetzel County. We didn’t even know about the interest until we got a call and now we’re scrambling to figure out if it is worth holding onto or better to sell. We are still trying to figure out where the property is in Wetzel. It is not family land so we are not familiar with the location. Our amateur searches have put us around Porter Falls. When I do a Google Maps search, I think I see well pads, but I don’t if I’m in the right place. Does anyone have any idea of what is happening in this district to motivate this landman? We just want to get a good deal. Any guidance would be most welcomed. Thank you so much for your help.

Hi August, here are a few links that might help your search. County records IDX reCAPTCHA oil and gas gis map ArcGIS Web Application parcel map ArcGIS Web Application another oil and gas gis map WVDEP Oil&Gas Well Information

Also there are several recent discussions on this forum, just use the magnifying glass near the top to search for Wetzel.

Thank you so much for the links. Really appreciate it! I’ll definitely check them out.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.