Drilling in 14-9N-5W?

We've been contacted by a landman via mail to lease our minerals in Sec 14 9N 5W. Our lease was not up until 15 Sep 2017 so we waited to give him a call. In the meantime he had changed companies and the offer had changed. Today we called to accept his offer and he admitted he had made a mistake - drilling had begun on that section. How can we find out if indeed drilling has begun, when it started and who is drilling? Thank you in advance for a reply.

C. Allen and Cindy Atha

There is indeed a drilling rig on the SE corner of S. Sara Rd and Tecumseh Rd (County Road 1210). It has been there for at least several weeks now. The sign at the entrance says Patterson-UTI Rig # 237.

I'm new to all of this, so I'm sure someone else will have more information

Larry Withrow

Folks, click on the GROUPS icon above. Then click COUNTY GROUPS. Then click GRADY COUNTY.

That will put you on a better page. More knowledgeable people, more information.

We thought we were posting in GRADY COUNTY but was unsure whether to post in Discussion or Comments. Greatly appreciate the information from Larry Withrow. He answered our questions. Now to try to follow progress.

We thought we were posting in GRADY COUNTY but was unsure whether to post in Discussion or Comments. Greatly appreciate the information from Larry Withrow. He answered our questions. Now to try to follow progress.

Thank you so much for your information! We'll try to follow progress and hope it's a good well! Another lease would have been great but good producing wells are great too!

Thank you so much for your information! We'll try to follow progress and hope it's a good well! Another lease would have been great but good producing wells are great too!

Any updates on production or drilling on this section? Receiving offers to buy our minerals but not interested in selling.

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD5DC9D.pdf

Permit to Drill issued to Linn Operating LLC... approved 5/11/2017

http://imaging.occeweb.com/OG/Well%20Records/1DD60BDB.pdf

Notification of Well Spud... dated 6/7/2017

From the Oklahoma Tax Commission website:

PUN #: 051-223027-0-0000 Legal Description: -AL-14-09N-05W
Lease Name: COLLINS 14-9-5 API: 051-24145
Well Name/Number: 1H County Name: Grady
Well Classification: Oil County Percent: 100.0000%
Tract #: Total Lease Acreage: 640
Shut-in Date: Active Date: 12/19/2017
Plugged Date: Active Product code: 1,5

With an active date of 12/19/2017, Linn Operating has 6 months from that date to get you a division order and your first royalty check.

Thanks! I had checked the occeweb site but didn't know to check the Oklahoma Tax Commission website.

Don, do you have a link to the Oklahoma Tax Commission website? Actually, I can get to the website but don't know where to go once I get there. Thank you.

https://www2.oktax.onenet.net/GrossProduction/gp_PublicSearchPUNbyLegal.php

This is the Oklahoma Tax Commission's Public PUN Search site...

I usually search by the legal, so I click that button and fill in the section township range...

then click search and click on the hyperlink next to the lease name.

Since Linn Operating has sold to Roans will that delay division order and checks? have not heard anything about this well as yet.

Any change of ownership should not delay a division order or check. They have 2 weeks or they will owe you some interest.

1 Like

Thanks Don! I can’t see that it’s going to be an exceptionally great well but hoping to get enough to help pay for some new flooring so I’m getting impatient!

Still no DI from Roan. It’s past the 6 month mark. I contacted them last week and there still not sure on when DI will be sent. My reply to them was remit the interest as to the PRSA of Oklahoma. Will advise on when we get papers

Thanks! We knew it was past the 6 months but didn’t know what to do next.

Still no Division Order from Roan. Just curious…what will the interest rate be since we know they will have to pay interest.

12%, 6% if there are marketable title issues.

1 Like