Drilling Activity

Earlier this year, I signed a lease with Hilliard Energy for a 22.8 acre share of 1 3/4 section in Andrews county. According to the RRC website, Forge Energy has received approval for vertical and horizontal wells on that property. But I have not found anyway to determine when they actually start drilling. I am trying to further educate myself in these matters. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ray

the only way to find out if they are actually drilling is to go out there unfortunately. the RRC site is usually 6 months behind and they don't post anything usually until the well is completed.

Reply by Wade Meeker 3 hours ago

the only way to find out if they are actually drilling is to go out there unfortunately. the RRC site is usually 6 months behind and they don't post anything usually until the well is completed.

Wade: Thank you. That's exactly what I was afraid of… just hoping that I had overlooked something. Ray

Drilling info.com does post alerts when they start prepping the surface and spud the well. It is a paid subscription.

Yes. We have that but I wasn’t sure if you had access.

First I want to say thanks to both Wade's (Meeker & Caldwell) for the info. As it turns out, we just received forms from Phillips 66, requesting personal info required to start sending us checks. The monthly production reports show about 4,600 barrels of oil in Dec and Jan. My questions are: Does this mean that drilling is completed? Or does drilling sometimes continue even after production has started? Additionally, when you read the west Texas oil is, for example, $92/barrel, is that the price upon which your royalty payments are based? Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

Ray, It means the well has been drilled and is producing. The price varies based on the local market, but the price sold for should be shown on your royalty checks.

Sometimes wells are reworked, deepened, and other work done. Also, another well can be drilled from the same pad site. However, in general, it means this well has been completed.