Drilling activity 17-2N-5W Stephens Co

Anyone know of drilling activity in 17-2N-5W since Sept 2017. My father leased his rights for 3 years in 9/17 and have not heard/received anything on activity or production since then. No new offers to lease either.

Welcome to the forum!

Gulfport has been busy over the last few years along the backside of the Knox Bromide anticline. Unfortunately, sec 17 is a bit far to the west and in the deeper gas zone of the Woodford, so not much interest in drilling there at the moment.

Thanks M Barnes. The lease paperwork shows the Prospect was WP3-Jupiter. I left a message for the landman to check activity, but no response yet… I did see on the Oklahoma Mineral Registry in 17-2N-4W several 22,000’+ wells completed by Continental Resources recently. Is that the play you are referencing?

1 Like

What a difference a township makes.
2N-4W has quite a bit of horizontal drilling on the east side of the thrust for the Woodford. Newfield (Ovintiv) and Continental have quite a few wells on the side of the anticline.

On the west side, 2N-5W, Gulfport has been the major operator. 3N-5W. Continental and Warwick-Jupiter

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.