DOTO question

My sisters and I own the mineral rights (divided between the three of us) on township 154, Section 6, Range 100 and Nine Point Energy is the Operator. They are in a chapter 11 bankruptcy, but my sister received an e-mail from Energy Link about a check from a different operator, Equinor, that she will be receiving for royalty interest. My other sister and myself didn’t receive this e-mail and we all have the same rights. We’ve not received a division order from them or anything else previously. The statement said the money is from 2019-2020 production from a well we dont know about.

You are not the only family with this confusing situation. So far I have posted and another individual has posted in the past few days. I believe the posting is under a general heading. I received the email on May 24. Still no check. And, i went to energylink and there is a whole check stub rundown of what is being paid. Way back to 2019. How do they get away with that? In addition, March stub from Nine Point also indicated that check including payment from way back in 2019. I’m sure there are more of us out there with this situation. I don’t think there’s only three of us owners that own all those minerals in that section. Let’s all keep each other abreast of what’s happening with this. I called Equinor’s owner relations number and left a voice mail. My call was returned in a timely manner. You might want to try that. Mostly the answer I got was ‘I don’t know’. And they also told me they don’t show a lease under my name so that’s what they might tell you. Perhaps it would be helpful if one of the sisters that got the Email might call too. Hope this helps, at least a little. Hopefully you can join the other thread and we’ll keep each other updated.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.