Does ND accept Affidavit of Heirship

I have only 6 undivided acres of producing minerals in Bowman County and I live in Oklahoma. My husband, Arthur K. French, is now deceased. Does ND accept an Affidavit of Heirship or do I have to file an ancillary probate? The deed is made out to Arthur K. French and Ann Whitchurch.

If you have producing minerals, I suggest you contact your operator and ask them about title change documentation. I think the operators decide what documentation they want, they want to avoid getting dragged into family quarrels/litigation over royalties. My experience is in TX, and I’m not a lawyer. My operator doesn’t like AoH’s, they prefer probate docs, will accept AoH if its been recorded at least five years in the land records of the producing well. Nevertheless, AoH are helpful in various situations.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.