Does anyone have any information regarding Valley County?

We have about 1,000 acres in the Southeastern corner of Valley County moving into the Southwestern part of Roosevelt County. Is this part of the reserve? I heard that it wasn't but from any pictures I have seen it looks like it is.

Does anyone have any information about this or any surrounding areas??

Thank you, and thank you to everyone who contributes to this form. I have learned so much!

-Lonnie

Lonnie:

I am not too familiar with Valley County but I am somewhat familiar with Roosevelt County. Currently, the drilling migration is slowly entering the Eastern Montana areas from the ND area but it is moving at a slow pace. I agree that portions of this county appears to be in the Bakken formation but I don't think a Bakken well has been drilled this far West. There could be other formations of interest also in this county and some developement will most likely occur in the next few years.

charles s mallory said:

Lonnie:

I am not too familiar with Valley County but I am somewhat familiar with Roosevelt County. Currently, the drilling migration is slowly entering the Eastern Montana areas from the ND area but it is moving at a slow pace. I agree that portions of this county appears to be in the Bakken formation but I don't think a Bakken well has been drilled this far West. There could be other formations of interest also in this county and some developement will most likely occur in the next few years.

FYI:

Not sure if you live in Valley County or have minerals there Lonnie ? Anyways a well was drillled in central Valley County about a month ago and they did hit oil, how much is another thing and what formation is also a question. Well was drilled west of Glasgow. It was mentioned in a Glasgow newspaper.

Dennis,

Thank you for the response and information. To answer your question, we do own the mineral rights to this location. And it is great to hear that they're actually drilling west of it and not just east which is all we have been hearing about.

If you hear anything more about this area, I am grateful for anything you can provide.

Thank you again.

-Lonnie C.

Lonnie:

As I said earlier, the drilling in the Eastern Montana area is progressing very slowly, I think due to the still busy ND play, the lack of drilling rigs, and transportation. I believe that 2012 should see some increased activity especially with many mineral acres nearing expiration dates. Just remember as long as oil stays at the $$ amounts per barrel that exists today, there will be increased drilling.

Lonnie Charleson said:

Dennis,

Thank you for the response and information. To answer your question, we do own the mineral rights to this location. And it is great to hear that they're actually drilling west of it and not just east which is all we have been hearing about.

If you hear anything more about this area, I am grateful for anything you can provide.

Thank you again.

-Lonnie C.

Charles,

I'm sorry, I just now realized that a response to your first post wasn't posted properly. So thank you for the advice that you already have provided.

To your second, I agree with you. So time with only tell. But it's a great feeling to know that drilling is occurring west from the land and not only east into ND.

Thank you again for the information and appreciate anything more that you come to hear.

-Lonnie C.