Documents for Unclaimed Royalties in Texas

Hello

My grandmother passed in 2004. I am the only heir. We probated her will in Texas, but did not file an ancillary probate in Oklahoma because her mineral interests weren’t very productive at the time. I have since found out that the wells have become active and there are unclaimed royalties held in Texas. We recently opened a probate proceeding in Oklahoma.

I don’t have any original documentation related to most of the properties. In order to get the unpaid royalties I need to provide Texas with legal descriptions of the wells, division orders, and “a copy of an account statement”. I have no idea how to find those documents. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to all.

Brian

Do you have the section, township and range of the mineral interests? Do you have the aliquot more refined descriptions such as the SE4 NE4 1-1N-1W? If so, then you can find the wells and the operators using the links below. You can ask the operators for a copy of the previous Division Orders. You will also have to contact the operators to get into pay status. They will have proof of heirship document requirements as well. The probate in OK will most likely be one of them, death certificate, etc. Copy of account statement may be a check stub with the run statement attached. Ask the operator for a copy.

You can find the wells by using the surface location at: https://imaging.occ.ok.gov/imaging/OGWellRecords.aspx Keep in mind that if the well is horizontal, it may not spud in your section, so you have to hunt in the sections nearby.

You can find the production data (usually by bottom hole location, but sometimes surface location) at: Gross Production

Note also that leases are often part of the county records. These can be helpful in determining where active interests may have been located.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.