Do new wells always generate new Division Orders?

Back in September of 2019, my father signed a Division Order for a well “Charles 0334 1H” (Native Exploration Operating, LLC) in McClain County. We’ve been getting revenue for this well ever since; sometimes more, sometimes less.

However, in January of this year, we were told that there was a fairly substantial amount of revenue held in suspense from two new wells, NEO LLC’s Charles 0804 34-3-2WXH and 34-3-3WXH (3-7N-4W and 34-8N-4W). We were told we first had to file a probate since the interest acreage was so large–close to 7 acres). So we did, and the probate was successfully filed last month in McClain County, but we still have not received any Division Orders for these two new wells from either Native Exploration or 89 Energy III.

We’ve received some revenue since the probate, but only about half of what we were told by 89 Energy III was being held in suspense for us.

I’ve sent multiple e-mails and made several calls to Cassie Mitchell, 89 Energy III’s Senior Division Order Analyst inquiring about this, but have received no replies.

Other than the frustration of getting zero responses from Cassie Mitchell, I’m wondering why we haven’t received any Division Orders for the two new Charles 0804 34-3-2WXH and 34-3-3WXH wells? Don’t all oil and gas companies send Division Orders for new wells?

You can count on 60-90 day response on changes in title to take place. Patience is a virtue in the oil & gas mineral business. I will always suggest a certified letter over phone calls or emails.

1 Like

@TODD_M_Baker Once again, you were right–I just got a call from Cassie yesterday. Turns out that their finance system was holding up the remaining funds owed to us. That has now been corrected, and things should finally be resolved with the check at the end of the month.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.