Do I sign an affidavit of heirship?

The land is on the NE quarter of Section 09, Township 15 North, Range 06 East, Lincoln Country, OK according to the affidavit they want me to sign regarding heirship. I have this company named Anevay Resources reaching out to me. If anyone has information on them, please let me know.

Martha, Anevay is owned by Admirald Gee IV out of Edmond/OKC. He used to own an old brokerage call American Mineral Partners with John Cockerall. They went out of business around 2018. Anevay started taking leasehold in Major County several years ago. Not sure what operator they are currently chasing…

Thanks. I was posting for someone who posted in the wrong county. Hopefully, they will see this. Was that a spin off from Chesapeake?

To the person that originally posted, you do not have to go through Anevay to file an affidavit. You can do it yourself at the courthouse. Make sure that the information is correct since it is a legal document.

Martha, not a spin off Chesapeake but they used a very similar name to be creative!!

I thought it was close but not quite the same. Thanks.

Anevay Resources is a mineral broker out of OKC.

What should we do since we made the mistake of leasing to Anevay and they have not paid within the contracted 30 days? They never answer phones or respond, they said “said” close in ten days and then did not. I know we made the mistake of letting them record the lease before paying us. It is a great deal of money to us. What do we do?

You could try checking on www.okcountyrecords.com and see if they filed the lease. Look under your name or theirs. If the lease is filed, you are held and you are going to have to demand the money. “30 days” may mean business days so it can drag out for a while as that is six weeks. If you signed and notarized and handed it over, then you are probably “leased”. You may need to contact an attorney if you have not been paid in 60 business days. if you had a “payment letter”, read what it says.

Thank you very much for the help, its so upsetting when people do not keep their word.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.