Do I need to sign an oil/gas lease

Well,finally got things worked out and division orders signed. I was curious if we need to sign a lease. The subject never came up in our discussions. I know if it’s HBP we don’t but the previous well was plugged in 2013. ??

Great! Looks like you have some statutory interest coming to you. Starting with 2017 to current year. I signed a new lease in 2017. I’m sure someone on this site will be able to answer your question on a lease. Perhaps your were forced pool. Casillas should’ve been able to provide you with that.

Contact the Division Order analyst at the Operator. Ask for a copy of the previous lease or ask if you were pooled.

1 Like

When I first contacted Cassie Mitchell at Casillas she had no record of me or my siblings so I doubt I was pooled. I filed an affidavit of heirship and a copy of my grandmother’s distribution of her estate and that seemed to satisfy them. This was all done through Osage Oil and Gas. However, the subject of pooling or a lease never came up. I emailed Cassie about it but haven’t heard back.

Maker sure that the affidavit of heirship and the distribution of the estate are filed in the McClain county courthouse and any other county where you own minerals.

1 Like

Debby did you actually get the checks from Sheridan in your name? Or was it your grandmother that was receiving the checks from Sheridan?

No. The checks were made out to us. That’s why I was so confused. If Anadarko could find us why couldn’t Casillas.

I would be confused too, it makes no sense. Anadarko was the first operator and then Sheridan. In that case you have clear title that entitles you to 12% interest. It is weird though that you never moved and weren’t contacted by companies to lease several years ago. I remember that I called Sheridan to release me from my lease. Pretty sure someone on this site years ago mentioned that to me. Have you looked up your name on the okcounty.records? If I knew your last name I would be able to look up. It’s a public site. But it costs some money to view the documents. My name got listed in 2014 because I had no clue about the McKinnon well until 2013. And learned that I had to pay and get listed in McClain.

Depending upon how far back the digital data goes, you may be able to look up your grandmother’s name on www.okcountyrecords.com and see if she had a lease.

1 Like

I did look up my info on that site. The only document found was a lease my grandmother, Mae Dixon signed in 1985 with a Anadarko. I took a peak at your info and noticed you were involved with the St. Clair’s. The landman for Casillas said that my grandmother was gifted some acreage in McClain Co. from Margaret St. Clair and was wanting to know if I had access to her death certificate. Might be a coincidence. I remember growing up hearing about some St Clair’s over in Enid OK. In fact we have some production in Garfield Co. from the St Clair wells 1 and 2. Not much now. Over 30 years old. Waiting to hear back from Cassie about any lease info.

OMG! Yes I am a St. Clair. I did a post yesterday but its still awaiting approval, so annoying. It has my email address for you to contact me that way and exchange phone numbers. Never get anywhere with all this back and forth on the forum. Margaret is my great Aunt. Yes Garfield is still producing. We got a new horizontal well in Nov. 2012 started out well and now it’s not much. St. Clair 1 as you said very little. St.Clair 2 is plugged. So you managed the okrecords site well. You had to pay to view those docs. You see how my name was listed in 2014. So you never listed your minerals after the passing and probate of your grandmother or whoever willed to you? Mae Dixon is a name familiar to me. My grandfather was Ernest St. Clair, he had several siblings. Not sure if Mae was one of them. It seems we are related in some distant way.

Don’t “Hold your Breath”! You are probably going to have to make them “MOVE”!

Ms. Barnes emailed me and told me the post is stuck because it has my email. I don’t know how to contact you. You have my full name but I don’t have your name. I am on facebook. Sandra McQuade in California

Are you collecting on the Garfield well? HAMM 9 M4H is the name and number. McClain has two wells in the drilling stage, spudded in July 2023. Apparently they changed the names from Whetstone to NUNN 0604 26-35-2WXH. The other one is CACTUS 164 0604 25-36-1-3WXH. Weird that Helms never sent paperwork stating that. It’s on the MineraliQ site. You must sign up for it and it’s free.

We got a check yesterday for the Hamm from Frometera for 11 cents. Wow. I’m actually the wife of William VanDeventer. He has the interest but doesn’t like to mess with it so I do it because I find it interesting. I Remember the good old days when Cheasepeake and Devon were leasing everything in site for $2000/ac. I’ll get Bill to fill me in on the rest of the family tree.

Sounds like your on top of things. Yeah my check was small also. Not sure what they are doing with that well. I’m gonna contact them, maybe some maintenance going on. No oil company will make any money with 4.5 barrels a month. Perhaps shut it down. Anyhow when I leased I got $4,000 an acre plus royalty of 1/5 20%. So it does suck for you guys that you most likely got forced pool and my understanding is that they usually give you 1/8 royalty. Only Casillas can answer that for sure. Your division order will list your royalty, hopefully you guys agreed before signing it.

have you checked the oklahoma unclaimed funds site? There are a lot of unclaimed funds for Van Deventer’s. Lots of different names that your husband might recognize, maybe mom or dad, uncles, aunts, etc. Input the last name only both ways. Meaning with the space and another search with the last name without the space.

My Dad’s lease with Anadarko from 1986 had nothing to do with me signing a new lease for the Whetstone well. The McKInnon well was dead, gone over with.

The NUNN 2 goes into 26 & 35 and has spud. The surface location is in 25. The Whetstone wells are in 25 & 36. They are using the same pad.

Thanks Martha for the info. But I found on mineral Iq the pdf that has the whetstone or one on them being renamed as NUNN no number. I believe it is one of the three wells my area will get. It has taken forever for them to make up their mind. The Cactus 164 appears to be another one. Both of those are spudded and one of them list as a rig is there and drilling. My section 25 06N 04W.