Division Orders and Lease Agreements

I really need someone's help with this. In 1980, I received an Affidavit of Heirship from Helton and Southard atty's in Witchita Falls, Tx. I was told to sign, and then received a copy back saying they had started to drill. Shortly after that, my copy was stolen, when my house was robbed. I had no idea who to contact, or even really whom had left a well to me. In 2002, I was going into Unclaimed Treasury, and saw that my step-father had been signing my mother's name on the checks, and actually she was not even on the Affidavit. The inheritance had come from my father's family, he had passed away, and so had my mother, before my step-father began getting my checks. Anyway, I finally started to get small checks in 2012, 2013, and 2014. However, they stopped. So I called the Operator, Mr. Jeff Goodnight, and I told him I had found some more checks in Unclaimed again. I asked if he would send me a Division Order, or Lease Agreement so I could claim the money. He told me his secretary had mailed them to me twice, and I had never signed. I told him that I had lived her 31 years, so I doubt that had happened. He told me to email my address to him, and he would email them to me. Well, that has been a few days ago. I didn't think I would have even gotten checks unless I had signed something, but I didn't for three years. I am trying to get the papers on the well named J.Grounds, Section 23, W 1/2 of NW 1/4 9N 5E in Seminole County, Ok. Please let me know how I can get these papers. I am 68 years old now, so I could really use the money. Thanks in advance for your help. Jo Ann Kilgore

The operator is Consolidated Investments, P.O..box 161 St. Louis, Ok. 7486
I would call them @ 405 289 323
There are several producing wells, J Grounds , grounds and maybe some more.

I have called him, and he sent me a Division Order dated August 31,2016, but no lease agreement. Where could I find previous info to show if this well was inherited, or if it was purchased by someone other than that? I am trying to establish my Indian Rights too, and was told that I need to find out that info. Please advise. I am trying everything I can think of. Goodnight says there is no activity with J. Grounds. I cannot get a straight answer from him. Thank you for helping me. My email is scottandjoann@msn.com.

I am told that he cannot give me a copy of the lease agreement, because of the privacy of other people on the lease. For my Indian Rights, I am told I need to get a list of the previous royalty owners, so it can be determined if it was inherited or bought. I cannot get a straight answer at all. Mr Goodnight wanted me to sign the Division Order, and send it back to him. I have not, because this is the first one I have received and never got a Lease agreement even though I did receive checks. Please advise. Thank you.

The privacy of the other people on the lease?

That sounds ridiculous. What is this, a doctor-patient relationship?

What some landmen will say is astonishing.

Having had to "drill down" (sorry, couldn't resist) into the history of a section in N. M., I had to hire a well-known N. M. mineral rights attorney firm to resolve a Stranger to Title issue (where you have to prove you own mineral rights in a range, township, section and lot). I reside in another state and couldn't just catch a plane to visit that county's Recorder, for days of research (which my attorney could do, from her desk, e-mailing me everything I needed and more, along with a bill with a painful (but necessary) dollar sign--whether the oil company is going to accept the findings, or stubbornly insist the inaccuracies of the county recorder's office be the sole resolving source, is still up in the air). If it's feasible, however, you could call that OK county recorder to ask if there's an "operators line of succession" in their records. It won't be found in mineral deeds, but each time an operator wants to begin/resume drilling on a section, Oklahoma might require some form of registration or filing, establishing a trail you could trace back into the last century. Mineral deeds at the recorder's office may help you trace back, and uncover, who was the initial filer for ownership of that J. Grounds section. Unfortunately, tracing your Native American rights may indeed be impeded by the Privacy Rights Act, but if you've determined your tribal roots, perhaps that tribal administration might have acted as fiduciary/custodian for various tribal members who inherited assets and didn't know how (or want) to manage them? Would there be something there that would tie you to a tribal mineral rights holder, if the tribe doesn't uphold the Privacy Act provisions and block your efforts? Best of luck.