Division Order Provisions

Just received a Division Order referencing two sections but with only one decimal interest. Also, indemnification clause. Also tax info form. No information re well identity or other data. Ostensibly on behalf of Camino. Strange. Is this usual practice?

Oops. Okay, I finally figgered it out somewhat. Apparently this is for a horizontal well, the Clara Luper and there are two decimal interests, one for each section (23 and 26) in 8N6W. The format is different from my experience, in the form of a contract. Insofar as I know, I have no mineral interest in S23 although I do own property in S27. And the form requires me to indemnify against error. Gotta straighten this out.

Most likely only one decimal interest because it is a multi-section unit. It can either be a 1280 acre unit that comprises 2 sections (1280 ac. spacing) or is a multi-unit section, being 2- 640 acre units. Look again as there should be a well name.

Clara Luper is a mutli unit well.

If you do not think that you own anything in 23, contact the division order analyst for that area before signing. Quite often their name is in the upper right corner. Ask them for a copy of the title paragraph that outlines your acreage.

Many of us prefer to use the NADOA form which is direct and simple and has no unnecessary clauses.
0_Division Order Model Blank Form 2017 (1).pdf (118.6 KB)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.