Division Order not sent

We have requested a divsion order for a year now and the oil company continues to tell us not to worry about it because we are being paid on it. - Why would an oil company not provide division orders?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.

What state are you in? OK and several others do not require them. If the decimal is correct, then you can send your own back to them (certified mail) using the NADOA form. Then you will have a copy for your files. Personally, I like having them to save as proof since it is a contract. If you are in OK, then I can post the formula that is used.

If it is TX, then you probably need to send a request by certified mail and request the equation that they are using to get the decimal amount. 0_NADOA_Division Order Model Blank Form 2017v 2.pdf (78.2 KB)

1 Like

Martha, in your experience (when sending back the NADOA form instead of the original DO), have oil companies always accepted it instead of their DO?

I have had a few that initially fuss, but they take it anyway. Every state is “supposedly” supposed to accept the NADOA form. Since OK does not need a DO in order to get paid, they usually do take it.

Many people (not in TX) just send back a letter with their name, address, confirming that the decimal is correct and stating that no terms of the lease can be changed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.