Division Order - Need title curative

My husband and I own some property in Canadian County and just got a new well drilled on it. Now Devon is advising there is a problem as the metes and bounds description of the tract does not close. What is the best way to correct this problem? A land man? A lawyer? Go to courthouse to research? The error in the may have started back in 1967 on a Lease dated August 31, 1967. The research from Devon contains a book and page number starting point. We know where the error started and the people’s name, and the lease number. We don’t live nearby and my husband works all the time. I know just enough to be dangeous on this type of thing. Any suggestions as to whom I should contact?

I have mineral rights in Canadian County, and will give my opinion on the matter. I believe either a landman or an attorney can deal with this. I know a very good landman in the area, but he tells me that all of the landmen in the area are extremely busy right now due to all of the Woodford development, etc going on. Your chances of getting anything done any time soon are not good. Your best shot is to go to an attorney. I can recommend the Bass Law firm there in the Canadian county seat of El Reno. They are well respected.

I agree that Bass law firm is well respected but may I suggest that you go to McCann law firm in El Reno since Scott is my brother and has vested interest in mineral rights in Canadian County and more specifically the Cana Woodford shale area.

Thank-you for your suggestion. I appreciate it.

JW Anderson said:

I have mineral rights in Canadian County, and will give my opinion on the matter. I believe either a landman or an attorney can deal with this. I know a very good landman in the area, but he tells me that all of the landmen in the area are extremely busy right now due to all of the Woodford development, etc going on. Your chances of getting anything done any time soon are not good. Your best shot is to go to an attorney. I can recommend the Bass Law firm there in the Canadian county seat of El Reno. They are well respected.

Thank-you for your suggestion. I appreciate it.

Greg said:

I agree that Bass law firm is well respected but may I suggest that you go to McCann law firm in El Reno since Scott is my brother and has vested interest in mineral rights in Canadian County and more specifically the Cana Woodford shale area.