Division Order Location

Can someone smarter than me tell me where I can find a Division Order from the 20s or 30s? Our family farm was homestead in the run. Phillips drilled a killer of a well on it back then but nobody seems to know where all of the money was paid. Dad, grandad and of course great grandad have all passed. I’m sure there’s nothing in it for me other than family history.

Welcome to the forum.

Unless you have a copy of the Division Order in your files, Phillips or the current operator will have the only copy. The DOs are not posted on any website as they are held by the operator.

If you post the section, township and range, we can help you with the wells that were drilled in that section.

1 Like

@Don_Channel, you might have better luck searching for a lease rather than the division order. Usually leases, or at least memorandums of leases, are saved in the county records. As @M_Barnes noted, the OCC records are pretty good and with a location it wouldn’t be too hard to spot which well or wells were drilled in the 1920’s or 1930’s.

You can try searching in www.okcountyrecords.com in Logan County. The advanced search option works better. The digital files only go back about 30 years, so you might not find anything.

In the past DOs were occasionally filed of record. I really don’t see that anymore.

This post is not legal, tax or investment advice. Reading or responding to this post does not create an attorney/client relationship.

The question of where or if the well was drilled was never a consideration. It was leased to Phillips. I have spoken to them recently and they said they were a very diverse company since their 2003 merger with conoco and really didn’t care about the"old Phillips ".

It is in OCC records.

The legal is: 33-17N-04W NE4 NW4

I was looking for a do because in my lifetime grandad never was well off. He plowed with horses until he finally got a 17 hp Farmall. Grandma had chickens and sold eggs. She was the last alive and my parents helped pay her final while in a nursing home. My dad was born in 36 so the well was abandoned before he was born. Nobody in the family seems to know who got paid. I found one deed where grandad sold 25% of the minerals at one point. I don’t expect to find a pot of gold. I just have a lot of unanswered questions about history.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.