Division Order - getting serious with the Operator

I have NPRI in Ward Co, TX, Block 33, Section 52. I am having trouble with the operator in getting a Division Order issued correctly to the right entity. My legal standing on the DO is excellent but with little or incorrect responses from the operator. These two wells were permitted a year ago and the operator issued incorrect DO’s in June. I returned the DO with corrections. When do I start getting serious with the operator? The RRC Public Viewer shows the wells are not drilled. Is there someone who can tell me if the wells are drilled? In production? Rustic

Palmer 52 Unit Well 222H API 475-38286 Well 332H API 475-38290

When you sent in the “corrected” DO, did you provide documentation for your corrections?

The RRC GIS viewer will only provide data after a completion report is filed by the operator, not when production starts. Research Queries- Permit page shows spud in December 2021. Under Production Reports tab, enter the permit # (for 332H well it is 874557) as RRC Identifier and select lease type as Pending (instead of oil or gas) and District 8 - if you search from January - November 2022, monthly production reports will appear from April 2022 forward. You should see something similar of the other well.

1 Like

Yes, I did. The entity is a trust. I have filed a certification of the trust in Ward Co and I included that court filing. I have been using a landman for other trust issues. He has confirmed through his sources that the trust has standing with the operating company, Colgate. May be the problem is that Colgate has merged into a new company, Permian Resources and also that this lease is being pooled with another company, Grey Rock. The pooling lease ratification came correctly titled to the trust and Colgate is paying the trust on two other leases in Ward Co. I am interested in knowing when royalties should be coming as I am also in the process of terminating the trust and want to have all current leases in order so that the beneficiaries of the trust don’t have the learn all the stuff I am having to learn. Ack!

1 Like

In my view, the process of one oil company being bought by another can be anywhere from fairly smooth to very rocky, which plays out directly into the paperwork process. :frowning:

Thanks Tennis Daze. Your directions may be a little cryptic for some but fortunately I finally found the page. http://webapps2.rrc.texas.gov/EWA/ewaMain.do

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.