Divide County

We have mineral rights in Divide County, Township 161 North, Range 102 West, section 9. Is there any information about drilling going on near there? We signed a 5 year lease with Northern Energy Corporation in 1996, but never heard anything.

Hi - we have leases on five different sections in range next door (101). There is a terrific website where you can check the daily reports filed with the State of ND. Go to www.dmv.nd.gov/oil gas/

I check the website at least once every week. You can search the reports using a keyword; I use the keyword Divide. That way any reports mentioning Divide County come up.

That should be a good area. You say you signed a 5 yr. lease in 1996? Is the lease open now?

I checked the NDIC GIS map and you are in a 1280 drill spacing with Section 4. There are no permits, confidential wells, or active wells in your spacing or immediate area. Your five year lease is long expired, so you should be able to lease with anyone willing to take it.

Like Tammy said, you should start checking the North Dakota Oil and Gas Commission site. Go to this page:

https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/

You can check the "Daily Activty Reports", which will list any permits, wells, etc., but easier than that would be to use the "Well Search" and enter your section, township, and range. It will list any permits, wells, etc., and you can click on map this section, where you will see any activity in the area. This GIS Map data lags behind the daily reports sometimes a week or more, but you do not have to check it daily.

Good luck.

The lease has expired. We never heard anything from them.

Steven Mortenson said:

That should be a good area. You say you signed a 5 yr. lease in 1996? Is the lease open now?

How many net acres do you own?

David Hermanson said:

The lease has expired. We never heard anything from them.

Steven Mortenson said:

We have the mineral rights on 160 acres