Distribution int vs Owner Int

Does this make sense?!?

Here’s Repsol’s answer: “You are getting paid on the interest listed in your division order…it is just broke out by tract on the new statements. What was one reported all on one line on the previous statements is now broke out in several lines on the new statements.

The accounting team has provided a follow up note in the task I sent to them:

Hi Christal, In PRA, owners are paid on their tract or tier interests which is reflected as the Distribution Interest on the royalty statement. On the attached “2037590 PRA DO list” worksheet, the “PRA DO” tab, I have shown how the Distribution Interest is calculated by taking the NRI multiplied by the Tract Participation Factor. On the “compare W_PRA” tab I compared these results to Waterfield royalty. There are no differences.”

2 Likes

They told me basically the same thing when I questioned why my statements had wells listed multiple times on the same statement and at different Distribution Interest values.

I believe they’re correct that it all adds up the same. When I added up everything, it seemed to match previous statements when different tracts for the same well were combined into one single line item.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.