Direct investment sought in the Eagle Ford Shale

I am seeking to make a direct investment in an new oil drilling venture preferably in the Eagle Ford shale of south Texas. No wildcat ventures please. I would prefer to invest with a company that drills, produces and operates it's own ventures in known producing fields.

Larry:

Be sure and do some intense research before making an investment such as reviewing various websites that give some great insights on companies. One particular webstie that I find very informative is the "Seeking Alpha" website. All this comes with a risk and as usual, some are riskier than others. When I research companies for investment purposes, I look at several areas of the company such as how much and where are their mineral holdings, stock fluctuations, history of production and even backgrounds of the company officers. I have also found more success in smaller companies that reflects strong growth potentials. If you decide to visit the "Seeking Alpha" website, you can google "Eagle Ford Shale" in the box located in the upper right hand corner. There are several articles about this particular shale play. Good luck in your future investment ventures.

Mr. Senf, I think if it's in a good area ( not wildcat ) they have their usual sources of finance. I think they only need outsider direct investment when they have an iffy project. In your position I might study conditions and try to lease some acres in a good area with an eye towards participation. I have noted that in the Bakken some people have had good wells that have declined and they were asking how much their mineral rights were worth and were thinking of selling for 3 to 5 years of discounted revenue never thinking of the following wells to come. I think there are some reasonably low risk investments to be made in O&G but I do not think you are going to find a great deal drilling in a good area in Texas. I hope you have alot better luck than I think you will as even in the best case there is always risk.

Thanks! I have a tentative direct participation deal working with a small E&P firm that has completed 3 wells so far in the Eagle Ford shale (Gonzales county) but they are not an operating company and I was looking to find a company that would also operate their own producing properties but honestly I hadn't considered that angle. Though I don't think one would find that kind of a deal in the Eagle Ford play as it is just to new and that is where I would like to be.

Thanks!

charles s mallory said:

Larry:

Be sure and do some intense research before making an investment such as reviewing various websites that give some great insights on companies. One particular webstie that I find very informative is the "Seeking Alpha" website. All this comes with a risk and as usual, some are riskier than others. When I research companies for investment purposes, I look at several areas of the company such as how much and where are their mineral holdings, stock fluctuations, history of production and even backgrounds of the company officers. I have also found more success in smaller companies that reflects strong growth potentials. If you decide to visit the "Seeking Alpha" website, you can google "Eagle Ford Shale" in the box located in the upper right hand corner. There are several articles about this particular shale play. Good luck in your future investment ventures.

I work with a number of reputable operators in the Eagle Ford oil window that allow direct investment in each well.

Drilling deals - if you are a pro..fine. But I would as soon invest in something comparatively safe, like a race horse or the Trans Iranian Nuclear facility. Investing where you are a minority partner without executive control is a sure way to get screwed the moment the price turns south...

Larry, not to throw a kind in your schedule and I by no means know your means (wealth) but my grandfather and a very successful independent geologist always said, "working interest a'int for the working man" so keep that in mind when you start looking at investing. it typically does not stop at a one time investment, you are responsible for your pro rata share of not only the investment but any bumps along the way, ALL SUBJECT TO YOUR AGREEMENT WITH THE OPERATOR...

kind=kink

Hi Larry,

If you are still interested in direct investment in new drilling ventures, let me know. Contact info on my profile

Thanks

John

Larry,

Give me a call -- Scott Sanchez / Sr. Business Development / Peak Royalties / 972-268-7101 and ask my assistant Lauren to put you through.