Dimmit County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

Hope,

What is the Abstract, Section and Block # of your minerals? I'll post you a GIS Map of your acreage.

Clint Liles

Clint, sorry for my error, here's the information you requested:

Abstract # 1241, Section 74, Block 2,

Clint can you see if there had been any action mine?

Hello Alicia,

Do you have an Abstract, Section and Block #?

Clint Liles

It’s in Bermuda colony in brundage section 13 I&GNRR ABSTRACT 162 lots 48’ 49’ 50, & 63

Goggle the RRC Public GIS Viewer (Map) website and scroll down and click on Launch Public GIS View. You will be able to zoom in to any area that you have an interest. Play with the icons along the top to gather information about each well.

Alecia,

I see no activity close to your minerals at this time. Well API 127-33507 & 33590 were drilled in 2008-09 by Sage Energy. Your lot # 48, 49, 50 and 63 are toward the bottom right of the blue Section 13.

GIS Map of Dimmit County A-162/Section 13:

Clint Liles

Thank you. I always wonder if they start something and fail to notify.

Alicia,

I've certainly heard of that happening. Good luck with your minerals.

Clint Liles

Thanks for the information Clint, I just recently discovered this information is listed on the W-1 (permission to drill) report extracted from the RRC website. CHK is treating me very well indeed, no complaints since I hired an oil and gas attorney to handle leasing negotiations when I signed with them back in 2013.

Have a friend who signed with Killam in Dimmit County. He said royalty checks have become rare and is wondering if Killam is still active in Dimmit.

I track the current drilling activity in Dimmit and Zavala county and noticed in last Sunday's San Antonio Express News, Business Section, that two wells are currently being worked in Zavala County. Anyone here the owner of one of them?

There is one well that is nearing completion close to the Dimmit Zavala county line just south of Crystal City off of FM1433. It was drilled by Sanchez.

there is a well known as the "Barrier 1" that was drilled by CML in A-670 approximately 8 miles northeast of Carrizo Springs.

CML has recently obtained a short term lease extension, presumably, to continue to develop this area.

We have minerals in the following tract description, does anyone know of activity?

386.00 acres of land, out of the G.W.T. & P.R.R. Co. Survery No. 651, A-102, all of tract 7 descried in General Warranty Deed dated April 7, 1994 from L.J.S. Investments to Benge Family, Ltd., recorded in Volume 251 of the Deed Records of Dimmit County, Texas.

Dry holes to your west. One Dry Hole in the North portion of your abstract. I am not showing any permits in your area. One plugged oil/gas well in your abstract but overall not as active as other portions of the county. Just my opinion.

Thanks

I hold an interest in oil and mineral rights (125.11 acres) in Carrizo Springs (Dimmit County). However, when I've called to see if there is anything going on in regards to the property, I'm told they can't find me . . . even with my warranty deed content (vol/page no.). It is very frustrating.

What I find on the Warranty Deed for Track One of Four reads: 125.11 acres of land, more of less , out of Sections Eight (8) and Nine (9) of the Shaw Subdivision of the Stewart Nevell Survey No. 269, (Abstract 637), described as: situated in Dimmit County, Texas on the waters of the Parria Creek, a Tributary of Nueces River about 4 miles NW from Carrizo Springs, beginning at SW corner of NW 1/4 of Section 8 of the Shaw Subdivision. ........However, it all seems greek to me.

Emily,

If your minerals are truly in Abstract 637 then it is Section 269 which is due N/W of Carrizo Springs and in the very N/W part of Dimmit County.

GIS Map of Dimmit County Abstract 637/Section 269:

Clint Liles