Dimmit County, TX - Oil & Gas Discussion archives

There is a video tutorial on the home page showing how to navigate the RRC website.

What can you find out if you have a “horizontal well surface location” in your sector?

If you dig around under the permit page of the RRC website, once you locate the well, there is a plat that shows an exact survey of where the wellsite will be and the proposed horizontal path.

I have been contacted by someone to lease my 20 acres in dimmit county and would like some info on what is a fair price to lease and depth restrictions

I have been contacted by Synergy land and minerals LLC in Austin to lease 20 acres in Dimmit county. they have agreed to 750 per acre.

This might be the reason why more folks are not sharing their dealings with oil companies . . . http://www.mineralrightsforum.com/profiles/blogs/confidentiality-clause-oil-gas-lease

I know there are many variables but does anyone have any information regarding the future for oil and gas production in dimmit county - particularly by Chesapeake Energy? Specifically 2014-2015? We have heard additional drilling may not take place for quite awhile. Although still drilling all around us. My take is it may be political where they are choosing to drill - don’t know for sure.

Stuart, I'm in the same boat as you over on Brown Rd about 1 mile north of Palo Blanco. There are producing units all around me except on my place. I read in the SA paper that operators will be adding wells in 2014-2015 but may start to slow in 2015 based on decrease demand. I don't think it is political where they choose to drill. If your acreage fits into their plan they will let you know. As far as future production goes in Dimmit, I wish I knew.

I have recently been approached to lease three contiguous sections wherein we have a little more than 10% of the minerals. The potential lessee claims that they just want to drill Chalk wells but have offered two ways: 1) just the Chalk and 2) down to and including the Buda. Would some of the mineral owners opine as to their best guess of current market for a three year, 1/4 royalty paid up lease where market means bonus?

Thanks

Does Dimmit County have a searchable database for mineral leases? Thanks

We have a well that was shut in and shortly before the lease terminated as it related to that well due to maximum time allowed to be shut in, oil co sold the well to new co.

New co did not bring the well back on line during time allowed in the lease.

Assuming new co wants to lease lands necessary to reactivate production, what economic terms should a royalty owner expect? Seems to me that new co will only lease exact acreage necessary for the production unit, will have far lower costs to commence production, etc.

I believe this is a 12,000 ft horizontal well.

Thanks for your thoughts

I own mineral rights on some property in Dimmit Co. that was leased several years ago, which expired. Is the area slowing down lease-wise...or are leases still being offered? My family has some property leased in Dawson Co, which seems to be a growing interest in the oil industry. But, I was curious about leases over the Eagle Ford area.

Mr. Archer, whatever the market will bear. Depends on productivity, you may be able to demand much or you may have to settle for 1/8 to entice an operator to produce again if the profit margin is low. Do your homework, understand what each stands to gain and bargain accordingly.

Does any one know the going rate in Brundage/Bermuda Colony area?

We have a lease with Chesapeake on a small property in Dimmit Co. and received in the mail today a card from McDonald Law Firm regarding lawsuits being filed against Chesapeake Energy Corp. alleging that they have "failed to pay or have improperly calculated the royalties on oil and gas produced from leases operated by Chesapeake". Our royalty checks have been going down each month since we first started receiving them about a year ago. McDonald offers to determine if we have been "underpaid or the royalties have been improperly calculated" for a contingent fee basis. They do offer a complimentary royalty analysis. Has anyone else been contacted or feel that they have a complaint against Chesapeake. I know that Chesapeake has a bad reputation but has anyone had a documented case of royalty errors?

Do you have an attorney - if so have them check into it.

We recently received a very large check for royalties dating back to 2012 so I think the issue was resolved without our having to take any action.

Hello...I am looking to lease and/or buy 5-10 acres of land, preferably off a major highway or county road for the purpose of possibly obtaining a permit for a saltwater disposal well. Three (3) phase nearby would be a huge plus. Please text/call Tim Terry at 512-791-2499

I have 100% of the surface and mineral rights of 20 acres that is about 11 miles west of Carrizo Springs on a gravel road off the highway to Eagle Pass and am interested is leasing it for O&G exploration or a saltwater disposal well. If interested, please call 281-793-2722. R D Maedgen

Just found out a pump jack was being placed on our we’ll head - has been in production since July 2013 - not sure if this is good or bad for prospective of chesapeake drilling the additional wells that were originally planed on our pad - any thoughts - also still drilling but mostly south of us right now by chesapeake