Dimmit County TX - How Long Before Drilling?

John friesenhahn said:

I am a mineral owner in Dimmit County and four weeks after the W-1 was post on the RRC website a rig was moved onto the site and drilling began days later. Our lease was signed last October and things move very quickly!
Congratulations, where exactly is your property? Ours is pretty much 7 miles north of asherton, there is activity all around us but not much else. I suspect there is someone in our pool that is holding out - not exactly sure. We were told by the Sullivan folks that things should pick up once hunting season is over. We are waiting patiently but sure would be nice to here something from the Chesapeak folks that have our lease.

We have been dealing with Wyldefire in Grimes County. They are probably brokers for another company. In our area, they represent Weber Energy. You will have to ask them who they represent, if they will tell you.

Liza HM Schuetz said:

I too have property in Dimmit Co. and I am looking for information pertaining to a landman with WEXCO RESOURCES,LLC - his name is Leo Whelan... I have googled Wexco and several other leasing companies that have contacted me (Wyldfire Energy) CAN NOT find anything on either of them... does anyone know who they are...has anyone ever heard of them...please advise.

PLEASE FOLKS!! I understand the excitement of your possible windfall of "found money" and I realize all the freedoms and possibilities that may be provided to you by these, but before you make YOUR decision please watch the documentary "Gas Land"..…

Thank You

Steve…Check the facts.

Steve said:

PLEASE FOLKS!! I understand the excitement of your possible windfall of "found money" and I realize all the freedoms and possibilities that may be provided to you by these, but before you make YOUR decision please watch the documentary "Gas Land"..…

Thank You

Hello Nick, checking the facts are great, the problem is where those "facts" come from and who stands to profit from the "facts", (follow the money)... maybe I am a skeptic, but when I hear people like Mr Pickens claim that the process is 100% safe and there has never been a issue I have to pause and wonder. I am not a chemist/engineer or expert of any kind I am just a concerned citizen who cares for the future of our children and our environment, as I am sure you do too, and I just see too many red flags on this issue... I really hope I am wrong and the red flags are actually roses.

Thanks

Nick Privett said:

Steve..Check the facts.

Steve said:

Thank You

Good Morning, Steve.

I am not the board police, so please take this as a friendly suggestion from one concerned citizen to another.

Posting multiple identical posts are against forum rules. The same rules that you agreed to when you received your account.

Also, there is an entire section of this board devoted to hydraulic fracing discussions and issues. Please feel free to begin a discussion there.

We -- all of us--know that there are risks involved in oil and gas operations. Clearly, through the years, there have been some incidents, spills, etc.

It is up to each individual and their elected representatives to determine if he or she feels as if the energy and petrochemical feedstock created by industry outweighs the risks.

Please don't make this site less enjoyable for the rest of us by placing multiple posts in the wrong forums.

Steve said:

Hello Nick, checking the facts are great, the problem is where those "facts" come from and who stands to profit from the "facts", (follow the money)... maybe I am a skeptic, but when I hear people like Mr Pickens claim that the process is 100% safe and there has never been a issue I have to pause and wonder. I am not a chemist/engineer or expert of any kind I am just a concerned citizen who cares for the future of our children and our environment, as I am sure you do too, and I just see too many red flags on this issue... I really hope I am wrong and the red flags are actually roses.

Thanks

Nick Privett said:

Steve..Check the facts.

Steve said:

Thank You

In South Texas, the frac job is done over 7-8000 feet below the fresh water formation. There isn't enough equipment in the world to produce the pressures needed to frac up through rock under pressure to contaminate the fresh water aquifer @ these depths.

From what I have found, the problem in PA was a result of a specific operator not properly completing the vertical section of the wellbore (as the state requires) that was drilled through the fresh water aquifer. It also appears that the state did not require the operator to either, repair or shut-in the problem well(s) OR to make sure all water users affected were provided with sufficient water they need to live. I'm a bit surprised the operator didn't provide the water on their own.

IF anyone suspects natural gas in their water, I would NOT recommend trying to light it in the house.

Playing a banjo with a world war 2 gas mask on your face shows what?

Steve said:

Thanks

Nick Privett said:

Steve..Check the facts.

Steve said:

Thank You

Point taken Mr. Cotten, I will resist the copy/paste urge.... the risk and incidents you spoke of is what concerns me...

be well

Buddy Cotten said:

Good Morning, Steve.

I am not the board police, so please take this as a friendly suggestion from one concerned citizen to another.

Posting multiple identical posts are against forum rules. The same rules that you agreed to when you received your account.

Also, there is an entire section of this board devoted to hydraulic fracing discussions and issues. Please feel free to begin a discussion there.

We -- all of us--know that there are risks involved in oil and gas operations. Clearly, through the years, there have been some incidents, spills, etc.

It is up to each individual and their elected representatives to determine if he or she feels as if the energy and petrochemical feedstock created by industry outweighs the risks.

Please don't make this site less enjoyable for the rest of us by placing multiple posts in the wrong forums.

Best,

Buddy Cotten

www.cottenoilproperties.com

Steve said:

Thanks

Nick Privett said:

Steve..Check the facts.

Steve said:

Thank You

Hello Nick, I won't debate the technical process, I'm certainly not qualified,, but the mistakes, either man made, government neglect or increased profit agenda driven secrets are long lasting, leaving humans, animals and the environment to pay the toll. You probably wouldn't change your oil on your car and pour the used oil on the ground today like many of us were guilty of doing 30 40 years ago so now in the 21st century I am worried about issue of pumping millions of gallons of secret chemicals into the ground.... The banjo/mask thing was, I think, just to make a point or simply entertainment and not really necessary IMO..... I would't encourage lighting natural gas tainted water on fire in the house either......

peace

Nick Privett said:

In South Texas, the frac job is done over 7-8000 feet below the fresh water formation. There isn't enough equipment in the world to produce the pressures needed to frac up through rock under pressure to contaminate the fresh water aquifer @ these depths.

From what I have found, the problem in PA was a result of a specific operator not properly completing the vertical section of the wellbore (as the state requires) that was drilled through the fresh water aquifer. It also appears that the state did not require the operator to either, repair or shut-in the problem well(s) OR to make sure all water users affected were provided with sufficient water they need to live. I'm a bit surprised the operator didn't provide the water on their own.

IF anyone suspects natural gas in their water, I would NOT recommend trying to light it in the house.

Playing a banjo with a world war 2 gas mask on your face shows what?

Steve said:

Thanks

Nick Privett said:

Steve..Check the facts.

Steve said:

Thank You

I am a Landman for Wexco..Leo is my boss, and his company is one of the best that i have ever worked for., If you have signed with us, you are in good hands..

6th Generation Texan said:

We have been dealing with Wyldefire in Grimes County. They are probably brokers for another company. In our area, they represent Weber Energy. You will have to ask them who they represent, if they will tell you.

Liza HM Schuetz said:

I too have property in Dimmit Co. and I am looking for information pertaining to a landman with WEXCO RESOURCES,LLC - his name is Leo Whelan... I have googled Wexco and several other leasing companies that have contacted me (Wyldfire Energy) CAN NOT find anything on either of them... does anyone know who they are...has anyone ever heard of them...please advise.